The Boulder-based Glitta Kings, a duo featuring members of established Colorado hip-hop groups Whiskey Blanket and Audible Audities, brings hip-hop, rhythm and blues and pop - featuring instrumental talent on bass, flute and cello not to mention vocal harmonies - to Alma's Only Bar for a free show across the pass tonight. Members include Quinn Lynch, aka TopiQ (production, rhymes, engineering, bass, vocals) and Jordan Polovina, aka Funny Biz (rhymes, beatbox, cello, vocals)."Our inspiration is our fans," the duo penned in an email. "When they enjoy our music we are compelled to make more." One of their funniest show experiences was when a fan threw a glitter sub sandwich onstage while they were performing. "It hit Jordan in the face and exploded," Lynch laughed.Concertgoers can expect a "high energy" show including "funny music with some serious tunes mixed in" showcasing "rich harmony and rap skills," the duo wrote.The Glitta Kings released a self-titled debut with "panache" this summer, and is currently working on a sophomore release, due out this year. Members are also involved in Boys From Home in addition to Whiskey Blanket and Audible Audities. "Our DJ will be spinning hip-hop and taking requests," they wrote. "It's always a party when Glitta Kings are in your town."
- Mountain Wheels: All-new Ford Mustang revs up the sex appeal
- 18-year-old cadet dies after skiing accident at Keystone Resort
- Longtime Colorado business repeatedly tangles with wage enforcement system
- Snowy Peaks High School labeled as turnaround school, applies three improvement strategies
- Wounded Warrior Project brings vets to Keystone for adaptive skiing