At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- Breckenridge police blotter: Craigslist ad fraud ruins woman's birthday ski trip
- A son's Summit County heroin overdose spurs mother to speak out
- A behind-the-scenes look at avalanche mitigation for Arapahoe Basin
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area terrain expansion moves ahead
- Mountain Wheels: BMW's otherworldly X6M blends power and prowess