At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- A son's Summit County heroin overdose spurs mother to speak out
- Breckenridge police blotter: Craigslist ad fraud ruins woman's birthday ski trip
- Mix of reduced budgets and swelling demands hurt forest service's capabilities
- The Limelight: Reigning Bull of the Woods champ Matt Coughlin
- Backcountry Cannabis Company, formerly Breckenridge Cannabis Club, lived the uncertainty of Colorado's marijuana industry