At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Summit Middle School principal Joel Rivera focuses on relationship building
- Summit County agencies fully contain 238-acre fire north of Silverthorne
- Breckenridge photographer helps nonprofit provide menstrual hygiene resources in Kenya
- Copper Mountain Resort starts snowmaking for the 2015-16 season