At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- Silverthorne town councilman Jon Bird was a pilot, angler and selfless father
- Frisco luthier Bevan Frost crafts custom guitars
- Skiers catch last turns at Loveland Ski Area Sunday: A-Basin remains open
- Senegalese men among Summit County's Colorado Mountain College graduates
- Summit County locals send aid to remote Nepalese villages after April 25 quake