At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- Breckenridge venue being sued by Summit County cancels all 2015 weddings
- First overnight marijuana hotel in Summit County opens in Silverthorne
- Gift Guide: Deck the halls with high-end technological gadgets
- The Lost Cajun opening franchises across the state, around the country
- Colorado resort towns worry over marijuana perception