At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- Study links vacation rentals to housing crisis
- Vail Resorts rejects Breckenridge's lift-ticket tax proposal
- Last week of vertical torture will decide Tour
- Winter in July: Skiing, boarding and big air from Copper and South Africa
- Summit County hiker: Aspens and wildflowers on the hike to Surprise Lake