At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- Mountain Town News: Whistler to make snow for glacier
- Breckenridge man pleads guilty to attempted murder of 14-year-old girl
- Snowy Peaks High School switches to blended-learning model
- Parachute parents arrested in killing of infant daughter
- SOS Outreach, a nonprofit for at-risk youth, offers summer programming