At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- Breckenridge touts new strategy to close gap between summer, shoulder seasons
- New Mexico man arrested in Frisco after road rage shooting
- New targeted treatments extend lives of Colorado cancer patients
- Summit Reads hosts 'The Shallows' author Nicholas Carr in Silverthorne
- Summit County settles public access dispute near Quandary Peak with land purchase