At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- Interestate 70 near Silverthorne closed Friday after wreck kills 3 people
- Eyewitness of North Pond drowning reflects on suicide and healing (column)
- Colorado wolf advocates, wildlife managers again feud over reintroduction
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte
- Summit Daily editor's column: End the silence around suicide in ski towns