At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- After the kill, Part 2: Beetle epidemic presents challenges for logging industry
- Lindsey Vonn races at Lake Louise World Cup downhill 10 months after tearing knee
- World Cup at Beaver Creek: Norway’s Aksel Lund Svindal wins men’s downhill
- Dillon Town Council reopens retail marijuana tax, regulation debate
- Summit County Jail deputies recognized for efforts to save life of suicidal inmate