At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- Record-breaking pay parking revenue in Breck
- Private-land camping startups offer alternative to public lands
- Local mountain bike racer killed in Crested Butte crash
- Downhill longboarding: An underground realm of motorcycle leathers and freeway speeds on Vail Pass
- Mountain Wheels: Take your pick: Subaru Crosstrek vs. Impreza Sport