At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- 18-year-old cadet dies after skiing accident at Keystone Resort
- Colorado lynx status unknown as state, federal agencies start studies
- Longtime Colorado business repeatedly tangles with wage enforcement system
- Injured or sick mountain lion put down in Carbondale
- Mountain Mentors seeks volunteers for National Mentoring Month