At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- Winter will bring more plowing, metering on I-70
- Breckenridge increases parking fines for time-limit violators
- Forest Service OKs ziplines, alpine coasters on Vail Mountain
- Colorado hiker rescued after fall off Mt. Royal in Frisco
- Summit County marks milestone as Pennsylvania Mine receives one of two pollution-preventing plugs