At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- Frisco clinic becomes second in state with procedure recently approved by the FDA
- Breckenridge Creative Arts becomes independent nonprofit organization
- Summit County boy builds bat houses for Eagle Scout project
- Injured or sick mountain lion put down in Carbondale
- Breckenridge Ski Resort, Copper Mountain Resort to install upgrades this summer