At the Monday meeting of the Dillon Economic Development Advisory Committee, discussion centered on how best to encourage economic development in Dillon. A sub-committee was formed to brainstorm various short-term opportunities for improving economic development - projects with a turnaround time of a year or less. The committee also discussed how to minimize barriers around zoning, planning and building for potential new business owners looking to set up in Dillon. The next DEDAC meeting is scheduled for Feb. 11. The agenda can be found online at www.townofdillon.com.
- Local property owner sells Silverthorne lot for $7.25 million
- Science of Food: Simplifying sugars, the good and the bad
- Summit County Police Blotter: Bottle rockets, baseball bats and bad driving
- Breckenridge Mountain Lodge demolished in prep for Marriott Residence Inn
- Kaiser Permanente Colorado hires longtime Summit local for community relations