Summit High School's Sierra Creen came in 17th in the field of 41 finishers at the Beaver Creek race Thursday. Nicole Wagner and Karly Rose came in 10th and 12th, respectively, with two-run combined times of 1 minute, 48.93 seconds and 1:51.45. The girls' team finished fourth behind Steamboat Springs, Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley. The boys had Chris Aden qualify for state in the slalom discipline. He finished in 1:48.55 and 18th place. Ryan Wignall came in seventh overall with a 1:36.38 and Brian Coleman finished 13th in 1:43.69, both of whom already qualified for state in the slalom at Keystone Resort. The boys team was fifth behind Steamboat Springs, Vail Mountain School, Lake County and Battle Mountain.
- Summit County locals send aid to remote Nepalese villages after April 25 quake
- Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival awards announced
- Silverthorne town councilman Jon Bird was a pilot, angler and selfless father
- 2015 Dillon Ice Melt champ Kelly Maike wins $4,000 with April 20 guess
- Frisco luthier Bevan Frost crafts custom guitars