Summit High School's Sierra Creen came in 17th in the field of 41 finishers at the Beaver Creek race Thursday. Nicole Wagner and Karly Rose came in 10th and 12th, respectively, with two-run combined times of 1 minute, 48.93 seconds and 1:51.45. The girls' team finished fourth behind Steamboat Springs, Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley. The boys had Chris Aden qualify for state in the slalom discipline. He finished in 1:48.55 and 18th place. Ryan Wignall came in seventh overall with a 1:36.38 and Brian Coleman finished 13th in 1:43.69, both of whom already qualified for state in the slalom at Keystone Resort. The boys team was fifth behind Steamboat Springs, Vail Mountain School, Lake County and Battle Mountain.
- Arts and entertainment briefs from Summit County and beyond
- Stuck in the mud: Things to do in Summit County before the snow flies
- Social Summit: Wine in the Pines in Keystone raises thousands of dollars
- Grand Tasting is highlight of Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival
- Where to skimp, where to splurge: Shop like a gearhound for winter