Summit High School's Sierra Creen came in 17th in the field of 41 finishers at the Beaver Creek race Thursday. Nicole Wagner and Karly Rose came in 10th and 12th, respectively, with two-run combined times of 1 minute, 48.93 seconds and 1:51.45. The girls' team finished fourth behind Steamboat Springs, Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley. The boys had Chris Aden qualify for state in the slalom discipline. He finished in 1:48.55 and 18th place. Ryan Wignall came in seventh overall with a 1:36.38 and Brian Coleman finished 13th in 1:43.69, both of whom already qualified for state in the slalom at Keystone Resort. The boys team was fifth behind Steamboat Springs, Vail Mountain School, Lake County and Battle Mountain.
- Quandary: Taking a dip in Dillon Reservoir
- After two terms as mayor of the Kingdom, Warner passes on the crown
- Mountain Town News: Hard to make a go of museums in Colorado
- Hike Summit County: Spring hiking at Colorado National Monument and Rattlesnake Canyon
- This week in Summit County history: Miner meets death in Montezuma mine