Summit High School's Sierra Creen came in 17th in the field of 41 finishers at the Beaver Creek race Thursday. Nicole Wagner and Karly Rose came in 10th and 12th, respectively, with two-run combined times of 1 minute, 48.93 seconds and 1:51.45. The girls' team finished fourth behind Steamboat Springs, Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley. The boys had Chris Aden qualify for state in the slalom discipline. He finished in 1:48.55 and 18th place. Ryan Wignall came in seventh overall with a 1:36.38 and Brian Coleman finished 13th in 1:43.69, both of whom already qualified for state in the slalom at Keystone Resort. The boys team was fifth behind Steamboat Springs, Vail Mountain School, Lake County and Battle Mountain.
Summit High School: Alpine hits Beaver Creek
Trending in: News
- Friends of Blake Bostic mourn their ‘gentle giant’ after Frisco incident
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado
- Breckenridge’s Peak 9 Restaurant marks last days of private ownership
- Keeping up with Keri Herman: The Breckenridge Olympian embraces life after Sochi
- Native American tourism quietly thrives