Summit High School's Sierra Creen came in 17th in the field of 41 finishers at the Beaver Creek race Thursday. Nicole Wagner and Karly Rose came in 10th and 12th, respectively, with two-run combined times of 1 minute, 48.93 seconds and 1:51.45. The girls' team finished fourth behind Steamboat Springs, Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley. The boys had Chris Aden qualify for state in the slalom discipline. He finished in 1:48.55 and 18th place. Ryan Wignall came in seventh overall with a 1:36.38 and Brian Coleman finished 13th in 1:43.69, both of whom already qualified for state in the slalom at Keystone Resort. The boys team was fifth behind Steamboat Springs, Vail Mountain School, Lake County and Battle Mountain.
- Potential increase in year-round resort workforce may add to county's housing woes
- Summit County couple met as teens, reconnected 13 years later
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area hopes for new terrain, lifts and zip lines
- Backcountry Cannabis Company, formerly Breckenridge Cannabis Club, lived the uncertainty of Colorado's marijuana industry
- Two Summit County entrepreneurs honored for creativity, leadership