Summit High School's Sierra Creen came in 17th in the field of 41 finishers at the Beaver Creek race Thursday. Nicole Wagner and Karly Rose came in 10th and 12th, respectively, with two-run combined times of 1 minute, 48.93 seconds and 1:51.45. The girls' team finished fourth behind Steamboat Springs, Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley. The boys had Chris Aden qualify for state in the slalom discipline. He finished in 1:48.55 and 18th place. Ryan Wignall came in seventh overall with a 1:36.38 and Brian Coleman finished 13th in 1:43.69, both of whom already qualified for state in the slalom at Keystone Resort. The boys team was fifth behind Steamboat Springs, Vail Mountain School, Lake County and Battle Mountain.
- Flight for Life pilot Patrick Mahany dies in Frisco crash; two others injured
- Simple tricks for reducing Colorado energy bills
- Celebrate Independence Day in Summit County with fireworks, live music
- Video: Officials confirm one dead, two injured following Flight for Life crash in Frisco
- Colorado's rainbow trout population once again breeding in the wild