Summit County Rotarians Dixie Agnew, Joni Ellis, Mary Anne Johnston, Stephanie Katz, Jeff McElhattan and Lynn Myers are traveling to Guatemala at the end of January. Tom Fellner, a friend of Rotary, will accompany them. They will join Rotary volunteers from across North America to bring educational opportunities to impoverished children with the Guatemala Literacy Project, delivering first-ever textbooks and setting up brand new computer centers in rural schools. They will also bring more than 170 handmade books created by Summit students to give to students in Guatemala. Along with providing these badly needed education tools, volunteers will experience Guatemalan life and culture through personal interaction with students and families.
Summit County Rotarians plan trip to Guatemala
Trending in: News
- Family searching for Breckenridge man who went missing after Dillon Reservoir car crash
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations’ new Peak 8 project is the company’s fourth resort
- Letter to the editor: A farewell to arms in Summit County
- Health in the High Country: doctors discuss altitude effects on heart, lungs
- In Colorado, a new water year begins