Summit County Rotarians Dixie Agnew, Joni Ellis, Mary Anne Johnston, Stephanie Katz, Jeff McElhattan and Lynn Myers are traveling to Guatemala at the end of January. Tom Fellner, a friend of Rotary, will accompany them. They will join Rotary volunteers from across North America to bring educational opportunities to impoverished children with the Guatemala Literacy Project, delivering first-ever textbooks and setting up brand new computer centers in rural schools. They will also bring more than 170 handmade books created by Summit students to give to students in Guatemala. Along with providing these badly needed education tools, volunteers will experience Guatemalan life and culture through personal interaction with students and families.
- Obituary: Aaron Michael Lee Anderson
- Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival: A supply and demand debate
- Study seeks to surveil growing Summit County moose population
- On the ballot: The genetically modified food fight
- Twitter maps show Summit as only county in Colorado to favor Seattle Seahawks over Broncos