Summit County Rotarians Dixie Agnew, Joni Ellis, Mary Anne Johnston, Stephanie Katz, Jeff McElhattan and Lynn Myers are traveling to Guatemala at the end of January. Tom Fellner, a friend of Rotary, will accompany them. They will join Rotary volunteers from across North America to bring educational opportunities to impoverished children with the Guatemala Literacy Project, delivering first-ever textbooks and setting up brand new computer centers in rural schools. They will also bring more than 170 handmade books created by Summit students to give to students in Guatemala. Along with providing these badly needed education tools, volunteers will experience Guatemalan life and culture through personal interaction with students and families.
Summit County Rotarians plan trip to Guatemala
Trending in: News
- Breckenridge massage therapist arrested on suspicion of unlawful sexual contact
- Colorado bear population much bigger than expected, new study finds
- Twin Tunnels nearing next construction milestone with westbound bore
- Inspirational flights over Summit County lead to fall foliage photo book
- Breckenridge Film Festival: Snowboarder Jeremy Jones chats about new backcountry flick “Higher”