Summit County Rotarians Dixie Agnew, Joni Ellis, Mary Anne Johnston, Stephanie Katz, Jeff McElhattan and Lynn Myers are traveling to Guatemala at the end of January. Tom Fellner, a friend of Rotary, will accompany them. They will join Rotary volunteers from across North America to bring educational opportunities to impoverished children with the Guatemala Literacy Project, delivering first-ever textbooks and setting up brand new computer centers in rural schools. They will also bring more than 170 handmade books created by Summit students to give to students in Guatemala. Along with providing these badly needed education tools, volunteers will experience Guatemalan life and culture through personal interaction with students and families.
Summit County Rotarians plan trip to Guatemala
Trending in: News
- Friends of Blake Bostic mourn their ‘gentle giant’ after Frisco incident
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado
- Breckenridge’s Peak 9 Restaurant marks last days of private ownership
- Summit County braces for higher risk of flooding during runoff
- Native American tourism quietly thrives