Summit County Rotarians Dixie Agnew, Joni Ellis, Mary Anne Johnston, Stephanie Katz, Jeff McElhattan and Lynn Myers are traveling to Guatemala at the end of January. Tom Fellner, a friend of Rotary, will accompany them. They will join Rotary volunteers from across North America to bring educational opportunities to impoverished children with the Guatemala Literacy Project, delivering first-ever textbooks and setting up brand new computer centers in rural schools. They will also bring more than 170 handmade books created by Summit students to give to students in Guatemala. Along with providing these badly needed education tools, volunteers will experience Guatemalan life and culture through personal interaction with students and families.
- Bear wrangled to safety after getting Cheese Balls container stuck on head
- Summit Daily editor's column: End the silence around suicide
- Life On Two Wheels: Around the world with Christina McGrath of Swell Fit Living
- Wildflowers are popping off, best places in Summit County to view them
- Eyewitness of North Pond drowning reflects on suicide and healing (column)