Summit County Rotarians Dixie Agnew, Joni Ellis, Mary Anne Johnston, Stephanie Katz, Jeff McElhattan and Lynn Myers are traveling to Guatemala at the end of January. Tom Fellner, a friend of Rotary, will accompany them. They will join Rotary volunteers from across North America to bring educational opportunities to impoverished children with the Guatemala Literacy Project, delivering first-ever textbooks and setting up brand new computer centers in rural schools. They will also bring more than 170 handmade books created by Summit students to give to students in Guatemala. Along with providing these badly needed education tools, volunteers will experience Guatemalan life and culture through personal interaction with students and families.
- Downhill longboarding: An underground realm of motorcycle leathers and freeway speeds on Vail Pass
- Mountain Wheels: Take your pick: Subaru Crosstrek vs. Impreza Sport
- Mountain Town News: Plastic grocery bags now a no-no in Vail
- Sailing Lake Dillon and the appeal of an unfakeable sport
- Webster Pass Road traces the Snake River to its headwaters at Teller Mountain