Summit County Rotarians Dixie Agnew, Joni Ellis, Mary Anne Johnston, Stephanie Katz, Jeff McElhattan and Lynn Myers are traveling to Guatemala at the end of January. Tom Fellner, a friend of Rotary, will accompany them. They will join Rotary volunteers from across North America to bring educational opportunities to impoverished children with the Guatemala Literacy Project, delivering first-ever textbooks and setting up brand new computer centers in rural schools. They will also bring more than 170 handmade books created by Summit students to give to students in Guatemala. Along with providing these badly needed education tools, volunteers will experience Guatemalan life and culture through personal interaction with students and families.
- 2nd skier dies at Breckenridge Ski Resort in four days
- Silverthorne development proposes tripling of its housing units, irks some neighbors
- Lyle Lovett returns to Breckenridge with his Acoustc Group on Sunday, March 1
- Breckenridge snowboarder Lauren Weibert bound for 2015 Deaflympics
- Social Summit: Discovering the magic of stop-motion animation through “The Boxtrolls”