SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
Austria beats Sweden to win team event at worlds
Trending in: News
- Colorado Connections Academy helps Summit County ski racer succeed
- Jane Peterson is the next president and CEO of Keystone Symposia
- Continental Divide Land Trust gets new conservation easement in Lower Blue River Valley
- As US states allow pot sales, Dutch reverse course
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins World Cup slalom title