SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
Austria beats Sweden to win team event at worlds
Trending in: News
- Summit County approves ‘aggressive’ summer road construction schedule
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado
- Breckenridge Ski Resort and Copper Mountain close this weekend
- Peak 9 Restaurant in Breckenridge celebrates final closing day
- Frisco Town Council discusses Main Street construction schedule