SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Keystone visitor commits suicide after eating marijuana candies
- Two Summit County men hike the Pacific Crest Trail for brain injury survivors
- Startup Ski Summit pairs powder turns with Joel Gratz keynote, tech panels
- BreckCreate, National Geographic Live bring explorers to Breckenridge
- Highway 9 realignment from Breckenridge to Frisco set to begin in '16