SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
Austria beats Sweden to win team event at worlds
Trending in: News
- Summit County Rescue Group responds to three incidents on Quandary Peak
- Breckenridge’s marijuana on Main Street debate to be settled by voters
- Summit County Garden Tour shows off some of the best blooms in town
- Breckenridge Beer Fest partners with HC3 to be a Zero Waste event
- Summit County's Bun in the Oven Bakery provides food allergy-friendly treats