SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- A son's Summit County heroin overdose spurs mother to speak out
- Breckenridge police blotter: Craigslist ad fraud ruins woman's birthday ski trip
- Mix of reduced budgets and swelling demands hurt forest service's capabilities
- Backcountry Cannabis Company, formerly Breckenridge Cannabis Club, lived the uncertainty of Colorado's marijuana industry
- The Limelight: Reigning Bull of the Woods champ Matt Coughlin