SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Mountain Town News: Whistler to make snow for glacier
- Breckenridge man pleads guilty to attempted murder of 14-year-old girl
- Snowy Peaks High School switches to blended-learning model
- Silverthorne named top destination for vacation that won't break the bank
- SOS Outreach, a nonprofit for at-risk youth, offers summer programming