SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Lindsey Vonn, Julia Mancuso join men’s team for first day of downhill at Copper Mountain
- Keystone Center works with national stakeholders to tackle honeybee threats
- Restaurants in Breckenridge, Frisco, Keystone serve Thanksgiving menus
- Summit County area locals forming ski mountaineering club
- Has the Obama administration hobbled the Endangered Species Act?