SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Summit County settles public access dispute near Quandary Peak with land purchase
- Summit Daily's top stories of the day
- Vail Resorts purchases Australia's Perisher
- Summit's Habitat for Humanity chapter unveils Brush With Kindness program
- Breckenridge touts new strategy to close gap between summer, shoulder seasons