SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Summit County restaurants offer alternatives to cooking for Christmas
- ‘Like the Wild West’: Breck celebrates 30 years of snowboarding
- On the Hill: A Sunday winter storm means free refills at Breckenridge
- First overnight marijuana hotel in Summit County opens in Silverthorne
- Mountain Town News: Granby annexes land to avoid cannabis sales