SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Breckenridge crepe cart owner shares the secret for the perfect pancake
- Mountain Wheels: Affordable Jaguars – including a new SUV – seek to broaden appeal
- Mountain Town News: Will wolves ever yip & growl in Colorado?
- Summit County organizations host sesquicentennial celebration of a summer trip on Ute Pass
- Hike Summit: A snowy June trip on Wheeler Trail in Breckenridge