SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Breckenridge touts new strategy to close gap between summer, shoulder seasons
- New Mexico man arrested in Frisco after road rage shooting
- New targeted treatments extend lives of Colorado cancer patients
- Summit Reads hosts 'The Shallows' author Nicholas Carr in Silverthorne
- Summit County settles public access dispute near Quandary Peak with land purchase