SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- BMF orchestra secures rising star
- New tour presents ghosts of Breckenridge, without standing in the cold
- Summit County area locals forming ski mountaineering club
- The fido files: A three-legged dog tale looking at bites, euthanasia and names
- Summit County coroner Regan Wood loves her job, and the personal connections that come with it