SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Mountain Town News: Diverting food from landfill to composting
- New tour presents ghosts of Breckenridge, without standing in the cold
- The Summit Foundation announces winners of 24th annual Philanthropy Awards
- BMF orchestra secures rising star
- The fido files: A three-legged dog tale looking at bites, euthanasia and names