SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
Austria beats Sweden to win team event at worlds
Trending in: News
- Snowboarder dies after hitting tree at Copper Mountain Resort
- Summit County police blotter: Dillon parking dispute ignites stickergate scandal
- Rocky Mountain Marijuana Part 1: High Country towns learn live with retail culture
- Jane Peterson is the next president and CEO of Keystone Symposia
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado