SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Obituary: Marco Tulio Reifsteck
- Lake Dillon Fire to address cell tower concerns at Tuesday meeting
- Rep. Polis introduces Continental Divide Wilderness and Recreation Act
- Forecasters predict wetter summer and drier winter
- Blue River residents collect nearly 100 signatures to stall Ruby Placer development