SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Bob Seto dominates Vail Resorts' Epic Mix race this year
- Breckenridge woman pleads innocent in hit-and-run case
- Breckenridge man killed Tuesday in Highway 9 crash
- Mountain Town News: High heat a major topic at National Adaptation Forum
- Colorado workers sue Chipotle, following national trend of worker labor lawsuits