SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
Austria beats Sweden to win team event at worlds
Trending in: News
- Family searching for Breckenridge man who went missing after Dillon Reservoir car crash
- Health in the High Country: doctors discuss altitude effects on heart, lungs
- Letter to the editor: A farewell to arms in Summit County
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations’ new Peak 8 project is the company’s fourth resort
- The state Marijuana Enforcement Division releases new rules for medical, retail marijuana businesses