SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Arts and entertainment briefs from Summit County and beyond
- Stuck in the mud: Things to do in Summit County before the snow flies
- Social Summit: Wine in the Pines in Keystone raises thousands of dollars
- Grand Tasting is highlight of Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival
- Where to skimp, where to splurge: Shop like a gearhound for winter