SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
Austria beats Sweden to win team event at worlds
Trending in: News
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado
- Keeping up with Keri Herman: The Breckenridge Olympian embraces life after Sochi
- Friends of Blake Bostic mourn their ‘gentle giant’ after Frisco incident
- Ophir Mountain clear-cutting concerns overwhelm Forest Health Task Force meeting
- Native American tourism quietly thrives