SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
Austria beats Sweden to win team event at worlds
Trending in: News
- Who causes the nightmare on Interstate 70? Tourists, truckers or CDOT?
- Independent review site compares multi-resort ski pass value
- Frisco Bay Marina liquidating rental boat fleet, equipment
- Breckenridge armed robbery suspect extended plea deal by district attorney
- Profile: Aaron Landau is betting that Summit County can lure professionals with a balance of quality work and lifestyle