SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
Austria beats Sweden to win team event at worlds
Trending in: News
- Summit High School teacher wins EPA award for environmental education
- Summit locals and businesses take on Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Rep. Polis announces wilderness expansion bill in Breckenridge
- Summit County cycling judge crucial part of USA Pro Challenge
- Summit Cove resident Donna Kim Udoff dead at 53