SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Mountain Wheels: All-new Ford Mustang revs up the sex appeal
- Week in Summit: Summit loses two local legends, one a climber, one a rhymer
- Wounded Warrior Project brings vets to Keystone for adaptive skiing
- Copper Mountain instructor offers tips on improving your snowboarding skills
- Longtime Colorado business repeatedly tangles with wage enforcement system