SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Summit County woman one of many misdiagnosed with MS, lawsuit says
- Occupancy of Breckenridge's Main Street Station jumps under new ownership
- Summit County's largest workforce housing project moves toward master plan
- Breck Bears hockey club replaces Breck Bucks in Rocky Mountain hockey league
- Immer: The Biggest Loser: The presidential politics edition (column)