SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Jury finds Vanmatre guilty of attempted second-degree murder, six other charges
- Summit County chipping program challenged by shuttered biomass plant
- Machete attack trial: Court awaits jury verdict on attempted murder charges
- Breckenridge woman remembered following fatal hit-and-run crash
- Editor's picks: Summit County's best bets for Labor Day weekend