SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- $7 million Breckenridge affordable housing project moves forward
- Frisco presents plans for next phase of two-year Step Up Main Street project
- Colorado ski towns deal with rise in credit card fraud
- Blue River votes to annex Ruby Placer parcel after heated debate
- Alden Spilman shows black and white photos, digital art in Breckenridge