SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Study links vacation rentals to housing crisis
- Vail Resorts rejects Breckenridge's lift-ticket tax proposal
- Last week of vertical torture will decide Tour
- Winter in July: Skiing, boarding and big air from Copper and South Africa
- Summit County hiker: Aspens and wildflowers on the hike to Surprise Lake