SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Summit County high school seniors receive $382K in local scholarships
- Summit Middle School principal Joel Rivera named top middle school principal in Colorado
- Toxicology report released following Keystone marijuana suicide
- Local Everest climber 'safe' amid earthquake devastation
- Bob Girvin of Beaver Run Resort bids farewell after 40 years