SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Arapahoe Basin extends the Colorado ski season to June 14 after wintry May
- Hiking experts share their backpacking tips and suggestions for summer
- We need to talk about suicide in Summit (column)
- Controversial Maryland Creek Ranch proposal passes on first reading
- Lake Dillon Fire approves construction of Verizon tower in Summit Cove