SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Evo3 Workspace in Frisco hosts grand-opening event on Saturday night
- Copper Mountain hosting USASA snowboard and freeski nationals
- Summit Daily's top stories of the day
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife lowers bag limit for Arctic char caught in Dillon Reservoir
- Keystone visitor commits suicide after eating marijuana candies