SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Breckenridge named one of the ‘trashiest’ spring break destinations
- Silverthorne residents speak out against proposed housing development
- Blue River votes to annex Ruby Placer parcel after heated debate
- Collaboration Fest in Denver brings together brewers from Summit and beyond
- Burton U.S. Open continues in Vail with Halfpipe Thursday