SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
Austria beats Sweden to win team event at worlds
Trending in: News
- Workplace drug testing evolving in the age of legalized marijuana
- Colorado bear population much bigger than expected, new study finds
- Twin Tunnels nearing next construction milestone with westbound bore
- Summit County wildfire danger upped after Breck firefighters respond to two calls
- Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant opens seventh location in Frisco