SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
Austria beats Sweden to win team event at worlds
- Mountain lion sighted roaming Vail Mountain
- Companies bringing marijuana tours to Colorado’s High Country
- PETA blasts town of Dillon for reindeer games gone awry during holiday event
- Dew Tour in Breckenridge opens with Kelly Clark leading the way in superpipe
- Writers on the Range: Note to concessionaires — You don’t own the land