SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Ski patrollers explain the finer points of ski area etiquette
- Summit County could face strain from Colorado's new water plan
- Summit County police blotter: Broken glass at the Breckenridge yo-yo store
- Work It Out: The post-Thanksgiving ski workout
- Summit Foundation hosts 25th Annual Philanthropy Awards