SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Spend New Year’s Eve at one of these parties around Summit County
- Hey! You're doing it wrong — four common skier mistakes
- Holiday snowstorm promises to snarl skier traffic at Eisenhower Tunnel
- Woodward at Copper now offers beginner ski and snowboard lessons for teens
- Lindsey Vonn, Bobby Brown join national Vail Resort’s Epic Pro Team