SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- Breckenridge police blotter: Craigslist ad fraud ruins woman's birthday ski trip
- Breckenridge police blotter: Social media melee spooks bar owner
- A behind-the-scenes look at avalanche mitigation for Arapahoe Basin
- A son's Summit County heroin overdose spurs mother to speak out
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area terrain expansion moves ahead