SCHLADMING, Austria - Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
- High Gear: Shimano Deore XT components
- Machete attack trial: 'Batman voice,' throwing knives and lost money
- Forest Service hosts Peruvian officials to learn natural resource management
- Machete attack trial: Detective addresses concerns with Vanmatre's recorded interview
- Colorado high school mountain bike season debuts in Frisco Aug. 29-30