The Small Business Development Center network of Colorado will be hosting the Governor's Small Business Advisory Council Community Forum on Thursday at the Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs from 2-3:30 p.m. The forum is an opportunity for entrepreneurs and small business owners to meet the council directly and discuss the top five barriers to small business success and brainstorm solutions. Similar meetings will be conducted throughout the state, after which the gathered information will be reported directly to the governor's office. Directly following the forum, attendees are encouraged to head to Meier Skis, located at 7800 Highway 82, Suite 111 in Glenwood Springs, to enjoy wine, beer and a tour of the facility to see how its handcrafted skis are produced. Attendees will also get a sneak peak at Something Independent's latest installment of its Founders Series featuring Meier Skis.
- A son's Summit County heroin overdose spurs mother to speak out
- Mix of reduced budgets and swelling demands hurt forest service's capabilities
- The Limelight: Reigning Bull of the Woods champ Matt Coughlin
- Backcountry Cannabis Company, formerly Breckenridge Cannabis Club, lived the uncertainty of Colorado's marijuana industry
- Bull of the Woods debuts at Carter Park with public banked slalom course