The Small Business Development Center network of Colorado will be hosting the Governor's Small Business Advisory Council Community Forum on Thursday at the Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs from 2-3:30 p.m. The forum is an opportunity for entrepreneurs and small business owners to meet the council directly and discuss the top five barriers to small business success and brainstorm solutions. Similar meetings will be conducted throughout the state, after which the gathered information will be reported directly to the governor's office. Directly following the forum, attendees are encouraged to head to Meier Skis, located at 7800 Highway 82, Suite 111 in Glenwood Springs, to enjoy wine, beer and a tour of the facility to see how its handcrafted skis are produced. Attendees will also get a sneak peak at Something Independent's latest installment of its Founders Series featuring Meier Skis.
- Silverthorne town councilman Jon Bird was a pilot, angler and selfless father
- Skiers catch last turns at Loveland Ski Area Sunday: A-Basin remains open
- Frisco luthier Bevan Frost crafts custom guitars
- Senegalese men among Summit County's Colorado Mountain College graduates
- Summit County locals send aid to remote Nepalese villages after April 25 quake