Jim, who made his home in Blue River from 1991-2002, was an avid hiker with the Summit County Mountain Goats, and good friends to many here. He passed peacefully on Feb. 18, at a hospice near his residence in Salida. He was preceded by Niki, his wife of 59 years, in 2004. He is survived by two sons, a daughter and three grandchildren. A memorial will be held by his children and local friends at the Salida Community Center, 305 F St., Salida on Saturday from 1-3 pm. Please call the center at (719) 539-3351 for more information.
- Denver resident dies skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Sunday
- Sports Authority to sell all assets, including Summit County store
- What to know before skinning Breckenridge, Copper and A-Basin
- Summit County rejects appeal from Keystone marijuana retailer
- Breckenridge transportation talks emphasize walking over parking