Jim, who made his home in Blue River from 1991-2002, was an avid hiker with the Summit County Mountain Goats, and good friends to many here. He passed peacefully on Feb. 18, at a hospice near his residence in Salida. He was preceded by Niki, his wife of 59 years, in 2004. He is survived by two sons, a daughter and three grandchildren. A memorial will be held by his children and local friends at the Salida Community Center, 305 F St., Salida on Saturday from 1-3 pm. Please call the center at (719) 539-3351 for more information.
Obituary: Jim Holzwarth dies on Feb. 18
Trending in: News
- Breckenridge police officer kills injured ‘Carter Park bear’
- Summit County pediatrician explores health effects of altitude on children
- Drivers should expect delays on Highway 9 between Frisco and Breckenridge
- Frisco homicide case could end soon with plea deal
- Colorado gun law relies on flawed estimate