Jim, who made his home in Blue River from 1991-2002, was an avid hiker with the Summit County Mountain Goats, and good friends to many here. He passed peacefully on Feb. 18, at a hospice near his residence in Salida. He was preceded by Niki, his wife of 59 years, in 2004. He is survived by two sons, a daughter and three grandchildren. A memorial will be held by his children and local friends at the Salida Community Center, 305 F St., Salida on Saturday from 1-3 pm. Please call the center at (719) 539-3351 for more information.
- Summit's Historic Yesterdays: Winter of 1898-'99 buries town under 20 feet of snow
- Mountain Wheels: Subaru BRZ, a true winter sports car?
- Colorado gold rush history: Nov. 30 to Dec. 4, 1915
- Book review: "Oil And Honey; The Education Of An Unlikely Activist," by Bill McKibben
- Breckenridge tour guide June Walters helps history come alive