Jim, who made his home in Blue River from 1991-2002, was an avid hiker with the Summit County Mountain Goats, and good friends to many here. He passed peacefully on Feb. 18, at a hospice near his residence in Salida. He was preceded by Niki, his wife of 59 years, in 2004. He is survived by two sons, a daughter and three grandchildren. A memorial will be held by his children and local friends at the Salida Community Center, 305 F St., Salida on Saturday from 1-3 pm. Please call the center at (719) 539-3351 for more information.
- The rise and fall of the A-frame in Summit County
- Body of missing Grand Junction teen found
- Week in Summit: Dillon gets first retail pot shop; two skier deaths at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Dillon Valley Elementary adds after-school language class for adults
- Widespread Panic to lure locals to New Orleans jazz fest