Jim Holzwarth, 88, who made his home in Blue River from1991-2002, was an avid hiker with the Summit County Mountain Goats, and good friend to many here. He passed peacefully on Feb. 18, at a hospice near his residence in Salida. He was preceded by Niki, his wife of 59 years, in 2004. He is survived by two sons, a daughter and three grandchildren. A memorial will be held by his children and local friends at the Salida Community Center, 305 F St., Salida, today from 1-3 pm. Please call the center for more information, (719) 539-3351.
- Skull found on Frisco mountain identified as missing Breckenridge man
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations owner dies while on tour of Nepal
- Interstate-70 delays expected this week
- Summit County pursues broadband ballot measure after AT&T pulls cell tower plans
- Second missing cat found in Georgetown after fatal I-70 crash