Jim Holzwarth, 88, who made his home in Blue River from1991-2002, was an avid hiker with the Summit County Mountain Goats, and good friend to many here. He passed peacefully on Feb. 18, at a hospice near his residence in Salida. He was preceded by Niki, his wife of 59 years, in 2004. He is survived by two sons, a daughter and three grandchildren. A memorial will be held by his children and local friends at the Salida Community Center, 305 F St., Salida, today from 1-3 pm. Please call the center for more information, (719) 539-3351.
- The rise and fall of the A-frame in Summit County
- Week in Summit: Dillon gets first retail pot shop; two skier deaths at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Dog recovering from surgery after suspected Summit County shooting
- 2nd skier dies at Breckenridge Ski Resort in four days
- Breckenridge snowboarder Eric Willett tops Park City US Grand Prix podium