Jim Holzwarth, 88, who made his home in Blue River from1991-2002, was an avid hiker with the Summit County Mountain Goats, and good friend to many here. He passed peacefully on Feb. 18, at a hospice near his residence in Salida. He was preceded by Niki, his wife of 59 years, in 2004. He is survived by two sons, a daughter and three grandchildren. A memorial will be held by his children and local friends at the Salida Community Center, 305 F St., Salida, today from 1-3 pm. Please call the center for more information, (719) 539-3351.
- Ski Tip Lodge in Keystone ranked No. 6 in country by OpenTable diners
- Westbound I-70 at Vail Pass closed due to accident
- Avery Brewing Co. opens new brewery in Boulder, expands Summit beer options
- 2nd skier dies at Breckenridge Ski Resort in four days
- Breckenridge boosts water rates to fund $30 million water plant