Jim Holzwarth, 88, who made his home in Blue River from1991-2002, was an avid hiker with the Summit County Mountain Goats, and good friend to many here. He passed peacefully on Feb. 18, at a hospice near his residence in Salida. He was preceded by Niki, his wife of 59 years, in 2004. He is survived by two sons, a daughter and three grandchildren. A memorial will be held by his children and local friends at the Salida Community Center, 305 F St., Salida, today from 1-3 pm. Please call the center for more information, (719) 539-3351.
- Mountain Wheels: All-new Ford Mustang revs up the sex appeal
- Sierra Hull headlines second day of Keystone’s Winter Bluegrass Weekend
- Copper Mountain instructor offers tips on improving your snowboarding skills
- Week in Summit: Summit loses two local legends, one a climber, one a rhymer
- Summit County hosts first free electronics, pharmaceuticals collection event