Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that can't believe such and such a movie swept the X category and what's her name took the Oscar for best supporting. Once again, sports fans, we are at a distinct disadvantage to hypothetically participate in Monday's water cooler conversations because the big event of the week -the Academy Awards - has not yet taken place at this writing. Of course, we can make predictions (Lincoln will take best picture, they always pick the most boring contender for that category we thinks) but we don't know what the big story will be. A few weeks ago we failed to foresee the Superdome losing power in the third quarter of the big game, and today we suspect we are probably missing a major wardrobe malfunction or embarrassing stunt by wildcard host Seth McFarlane in writing this column the day before you read it. Sorry, folks! But whatever went down on the red carpet, we hope you all enjoyed judging the celebrities' slutty dresses and bemoaning the academy's poor choices of winners. ***Folks, it feels like the snowy winter we've all been waiting for has finally arrived. There's powder in all the places we like to see it: on the slopes, in the air and in the forecast. Hopefully oodles of people, including you, got out there to carve it up this weekend and had an opportunity to tell a Front Ranger to quit moaning about having to drive in it. After all, today's pavement snowpack is tomorrow's fire retardant. We out.
- Summit County resort report: Breckenridge, Copper Mountain plan for more terrain for holiday weekend
- Summit County Rotary Club continues tradition of community Thanksgiving dinner
- Leadville Police Department investigating ‘unnatural’ death, said District Attorney Bruce Brown
- Utah trucker found dead on Vail Pass
- Proposed rule would allow ski resorts to charge an ‘uphill’ fee