GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - American skier Alice McKennis has broken a bone in her right leg after crashing during a World Cup downhill race in Germany. McKennis received treatment on the slope and was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital and diagnosed with a fracture in the upper shinbone. Kyle Wilkens, the medical director for the U.S. ski team, said in a statement that McKennis fractured her "right tibial plateau" and she is "stable and will undergo further evaluation to determine the next steps for treatment." McKennis, of Glenwood Springs, earned her first World Cup victory in a downhill in January in St. Anton, Austria.
- Juvenile cyclist collides with vehicle on Highway 9 in Breckenridge
- Human-bear conflicts near Keystone lead to campsite shutdowns
- Breckenridge crepe cart owner shares the secret for the perfect pancake
- Capes, chains and pond crossing: Scenes from 2016 Breck Bike Week (photos)
- Summit County again solicits public insights on Lake Hill project