GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - American skier Alice McKennis has broken a bone in her right leg after crashing during a World Cup downhill race in Germany. McKennis received treatment on the slope and was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital and diagnosed with a fracture in the upper shinbone. Kyle Wilkens, the medical director for the U.S. ski team, said in a statement that McKennis fractured her "right tibial plateau" and she is "stable and will undergo further evaluation to determine the next steps for treatment." McKennis, of Glenwood Springs, earned her first World Cup victory in a downhill in January in St. Anton, Austria.
- UPDATE: Brush Creek fire near Heeney laid down
- Frisco helicopter crash responders, other Summit County heroes honored
- Brush Creek wildfire continues to burn
- New Frisco restaurant Tavern West focuses on local, all-natural ingredients
- BREAKING: Charles Sattler found not guilty on all counts in Blake Bostic's death