GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - American skier Alice McKennis has broken a bone in her right leg after crashing during a World Cup downhill race in Germany. McKennis received treatment on the slope and was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital and diagnosed with a fracture in the upper shinbone. Kyle Wilkens, the medical director for the U.S. ski team, said in a statement that McKennis fractured her "right tibial plateau" and she is "stable and will undergo further evaluation to determine the next steps for treatment." McKennis, of Glenwood Springs, earned her first World Cup victory in a downhill in January in St. Anton, Austria.
- Keystone co-founder Jane Bergman dies at age 91
- Silverthorne Lowe's: Opening retail in a down economy
- CDOT pushes for winter tire tread education
- Summit County ski area leaders talk industry trends at 21st annual COO Breakfast
- Summit County police blotter: Wrecked windows and real estate shoving matches