GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - American skier Alice McKennis has broken a bone in her right leg after crashing during a World Cup downhill race in Germany. McKennis received treatment on the slope and was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital and diagnosed with a fracture in the upper shinbone. Kyle Wilkens, the medical director for the U.S. ski team, said in a statement that McKennis fractured her "right tibial plateau" and she is "stable and will undergo further evaluation to determine the next steps for treatment." McKennis, of Glenwood Springs, earned her first World Cup victory in a downhill in January in St. Anton, Austria.
- Summit County locals send aid to remote Nepalese villages after April 25 quake
- Silverthorne town councilman Jon Bird was a pilot, angler and selfless father
- Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival awards announced
- 2015 Dillon Ice Melt champ Kelly Maike wins $4,000 with April 20 guess
- Frisco luthier Bevan Frost crafts custom guitars