GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - American skier Alice McKennis has broken a bone in her right leg after crashing during a World Cup downhill race in Germany. McKennis received treatment on the slope and was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital and diagnosed with a fracture in the upper shinbone. Kyle Wilkens, the medical director for the U.S. ski team, said in a statement that McKennis fractured her "right tibial plateau" and she is "stable and will undergo further evaluation to determine the next steps for treatment." McKennis, of Glenwood Springs, earned her first World Cup victory in a downhill in January in St. Anton, Austria.
McKennis of glenwood springs breaks shinbone in downhill crash
Trending in: News
- Bell: With marijuana-on-Main issue, Breckenridge playing with fire
- Breckenridge woman finds fulfillment in foraging
- Keystone’s Mountain Town Music Festival has live music, peach treats
- 2014 USA Pro Challenge comes to Breckenridge for key Stage 5 finish
- Colorado Highway 9 bypass plan draws positive resident response