GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - American skier Alice McKennis has broken a bone in her right leg after crashing during a World Cup downhill race in Germany. McKennis received treatment on the slope and was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital and diagnosed with a fracture in the upper shinbone. Kyle Wilkens, the medical director for the U.S. ski team, said in a statement that McKennis fractured her "right tibial plateau" and she is "stable and will undergo further evaluation to determine the next steps for treatment." McKennis, of Glenwood Springs, earned her first World Cup victory in a downhill in January in St. Anton, Austria.
- Quandary Peak access road at the center of bitter Summit County controversy
- Colorado Avalanche Information Center reports considerable backcountry threat
- Breckenridge investigator looking for new clues in unsolved 1982 double homicide
- Two Summit County locals step into the big, jolly shoes of St. Nick this Christmas
- Former CEO of Summit Association of Realtors sent back to county jail