GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - American skier Alice McKennis has broken a bone in her right leg after crashing during a World Cup downhill race in Germany. McKennis received treatment on the slope and was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital and diagnosed with a fracture in the upper shinbone. Kyle Wilkens, the medical director for the U.S. ski team, said in a statement that McKennis fractured her "right tibial plateau" and she is "stable and will undergo further evaluation to determine the next steps for treatment." McKennis, of Glenwood Springs, earned her first World Cup victory in a downhill in January in St. Anton, Austria.
- Quandary: Taking a dip in Dillon Reservoir
- Breckenridge moves ahead with Denison Placer affordable housing project
- After two terms as mayor of the Kingdom, Warner passes on the crown
- Summit High athletics sends 6 seniors to college rugby, track programs
- Mountain Town News: Hard to make a go of museums in Colorado