GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - American skier Alice McKennis has broken a bone in her right leg after crashing during a World Cup downhill race in Germany. McKennis received treatment on the slope and was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital and diagnosed with a fracture in the upper shinbone. Kyle Wilkens, the medical director for the U.S. ski team, said in a statement that McKennis fractured her "right tibial plateau" and she is "stable and will undergo further evaluation to determine the next steps for treatment." McKennis, of Glenwood Springs, earned her first World Cup victory in a downhill in January in St. Anton, Austria.
- Vail Resorts rejects Breckenridge's lift-ticket tax proposal
- Study links vacation rentals to housing crisis
- Witness shares events leading up to Summit County machete attack
- Festivities to greet Pro Cycling Challenge at A-Basin
- Developer shares plans to create "wellness center," starting with Kaiser Permanente