GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - American skier Alice McKennis has broken a bone in her right leg after crashing during a World Cup downhill race in Germany. McKennis received treatment on the slope and was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital and diagnosed with a fracture in the upper shinbone. Kyle Wilkens, the medical director for the U.S. ski team, said in a statement that McKennis fractured her "right tibial plateau" and she is "stable and will undergo further evaluation to determine the next steps for treatment." McKennis, of Glenwood Springs, earned her first World Cup victory in a downhill in January in St. Anton, Austria.
- Silverthorne gas station robbed, police search for suspect
- Leadville woman charged with first-degree murder after hitting boyfriend with car
- A day of sailing the unpredictable Lake Dillon waters
- Colorado's water plan: an end to mega projects?
- Homes evacuated after car crash creates gas leak in Silverthorne neighborhood