GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - American skier Alice McKennis has broken a bone in her right leg after crashing during a World Cup downhill race in Germany. McKennis received treatment on the slope and was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital and diagnosed with a fracture in the upper shinbone. Kyle Wilkens, the medical director for the U.S. ski team, said in a statement that McKennis fractured her "right tibial plateau" and she is "stable and will undergo further evaluation to determine the next steps for treatment." McKennis, of Glenwood Springs, earned her first World Cup victory in a downhill in January in St. Anton, Austria.
McKennis of glenwood springs breaks shinbone in downhill crash
Trending in: News
- Who causes the nightmare on Interstate 70? Tourists, truckers or CDOT?
- Profile: Aaron Landau is betting that Summit County can lure professionals with a balance of quality work and lifestyle
- Summit County police blotter: Camper passes out on Montezuma Road, arrested for LSD possession
- New coworking alliance helps skiers balance work and play
- Summit County residents rally to organize event celebrating Blake Bostic’s life