GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - American skier Alice McKennis has broken a bone in her right leg after crashing during a World Cup downhill race in Germany. McKennis received treatment on the slope and was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital and diagnosed with a fracture in the upper shinbone. Kyle Wilkens, the medical director for the U.S. ski team, said in a statement that McKennis fractured her "right tibial plateau" and she is "stable and will undergo further evaluation to determine the next steps for treatment." McKennis, of Glenwood Springs, earned her first World Cup victory in a downhill in January in St. Anton, Austria.
- Silverthorne residents speak out against proposed housing development
- $7 million Breckenridge affordable housing project moves forward
- Blue River votes to annex Ruby Placer parcel after heated debate
- Frisco presents plans for next phase of two-year Step Up Main Street project
- Colorado ski towns deal with rise in credit card fraud