GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - American skier Alice McKennis has broken a bone in her right leg after crashing during a World Cup downhill race in Germany. McKennis received treatment on the slope and was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital and diagnosed with a fracture in the upper shinbone. Kyle Wilkens, the medical director for the U.S. ski team, said in a statement that McKennis fractured her "right tibial plateau" and she is "stable and will undergo further evaluation to determine the next steps for treatment." McKennis, of Glenwood Springs, earned her first World Cup victory in a downhill in January in St. Anton, Austria.
- Mountain Wheels: Subaru BRZ, a true winter sports car?
- How Copper Mountain became a hotbed for international ski team training
- Warren Haynes releases third solo album 'Ashes & Dust'
- Summit's Historic Yesterdays: Winter of 1898-'99 buries town under 20 feet of snow
- Silverthorne police identify suspects in armed robbery of Kum & Go