Trout Unlimited will host its monthly meeting from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday at the Backcountry Brewery and Restaurant on 720 Main St. in Frisco. The subject is "Aquatic Entomology for Fly Fishing: Fact or Fiction." Brian Heinhold, an entomologist, will bring interesting, fun stories and discuss his research findings on the environmental factors in the reproduction of many species of aquatic insects of the South Platte River Basin. He includes his work with the "Windy Gap Dam Project," which involves moving water from the Colorado River to the Front Range. His species list includes mayflies, stoneflies, and caddisflies. This event is free and an open to the public. RSVP at (970) 389-5884 or (970) 406-4697.
Trout Unlimited hosts its monthly meeting
Trending in: News
- Summit County residents cite noise, environment at Iron Springs meeting
- Breckenridge Summer Beer Festival brings rain, revelry
- More than 30 Colorado breweries at Keystone Bluegrass and Beer Fest
- 24th annual Canine 4K in Frisco benefits League for Animals and People of the Summit
- Blue River approves 50-acre multi-use development at Ruby Placer parcel