Trout Unlimited will host its monthly meeting from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday at the Backcountry Brewery and Restaurant on 720 Main St. in Frisco. The subject is "Aquatic Entomology for Fly Fishing: Fact or Fiction." Brian Heinhold, an entomologist, will bring interesting, fun stories and discuss his research findings on the environmental factors in the reproduction of many species of aquatic insects of the South Platte River Basin. He includes his work with the "Windy Gap Dam Project," which involves moving water from the Colorado River to the Front Range. His species list includes mayflies, stoneflies, and caddisflies. This event is free and an open to the public. RSVP at (970) 389-5884 or (970) 406-4697.
Trout Unlimited hosts its monthly meeting
Trending in: News
- Frisco local Doug Masiuk will run the Appalachian Trail for diabetes awareness
- Summit County police blotter: Vail Resorts employee crashes his boss’ brand new Porsche
- Breckenridge parking survey provides insight into visitor behavior
- Peak School expands with new head of school, more students, renovated building
- As states legalize marijuana, will traffic deaths rise?