Trout Unlimited will host its monthly meeting from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday at the Backcountry Brewery and Restaurant on 720 Main St. in Frisco. The subject is "Aquatic Entomology for Fly Fishing: Fact or Fiction." Brian Heinhold, an entomologist, will bring interesting, fun stories and discuss his research findings on the environmental factors in the reproduction of many species of aquatic insects of the South Platte River Basin. He includes his work with the "Windy Gap Dam Project," which involves moving water from the Colorado River to the Front Range. His species list includes mayflies, stoneflies, and caddisflies. This event is free and an open to the public. RSVP at (970) 389-5884 or (970) 406-4697.
- Sleep apnea at high altitude a hidden hindrance for endurance athletes
- Officials puzzle over orange water near Breckenridge neighborhood
- As cannabis becomes more mainstream, couples start incorporating it in weddings
- Summit housing partnership targets long-term family rentals
- Editor's picks: Summit County's best bets for the weekend