The search is on for Colorado's outstanding senior volunteers. Sponsored by Home Instead Senior Care, the Salute to Senior Service program recognizes senior volunteers for the contributions they make in local communities. Friends, co-workers, family members and nonprofit organizations are encouraged to nominate deserving seniors for possible state and national honors. Nominations will be accepted through March 31. Each state's winners receive $500 and one national winner receives $5,000 to donate to the winners' charities of choice.
- Frisco clinic becomes second in state with procedure recently approved by the FDA
- Breckenridge Creative Arts becomes independent nonprofit organization
- Breckenridge Ski Resort, Copper Mountain Resort to install upgrades this summer
- Injured or sick mountain lion put down in Carbondale
- Summit County boy builds bat houses for Eagle Scout project