John L. Krakauer, longtime resident of Ruby Ranch in Silverthorne, passed away on March 4 , 2013, in San Diego. John, 71, was a member of the Summit County Rotary Club, and served on the board of The Summit County Foundation. He is survived by his daughter, Laura Louise (Aiglendinger) of Moose Pass, Alaska. Please visit www.tributes.com/johnkrakauer.
- Eyewitness of North Pond drowning reflects on suicide and healing (column)
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte
- Colorado wolf advocates, wildlife managers again feud over reintroduction
- Mountain Town News: Crested Butte hits the sweet spot of tourism
- Leadville's looking for a little help to buy the legendary Tabor Opera House