Free tax assistance is being offered for low and moderate income taxpayers, as well as seniors who may be unfamiliar with the new tax codes, or who might have difficulty paying a fee for their tax report preparation. If you're eligible, be sure to claim your earned income credit, dependent care credit, and child care tax credit. Credits actually reduce your tax burden, or increase your refund, while deductions reduce your taxable income. This free service is being offered, without charge, by IRS trained and certified individuals at two locations in the area:-The Frisco Senior Center and at the Edge at Copper Mountain. Call for an appointment on Tuesdays at the Frisco Center, 668-2940. Or make an appointment at the Edge, Copper Mountain on Thursdays, 968-3060. This free service will end on March 21.
- Breckenridge group raises funds for ailing Team Summit member
- Colorado's News Roundup: Beaver Creek Fire spreads into Mount Zirkel Wilderness (06.29.16)
- Breckenridge councilmembers puzzle over parking solutions
- Nurse rushed in to aid 17-year-old cyclist hit by vehicle in Breckenridge Monday
- A Summit County guide to fireworks and free music on Fourth of July