Free tax assistance is being offered for low and moderate income taxpayers, as well as seniors who may be unfamiliar with the new tax codes, or who might have difficulty paying a fee for their tax report preparation. If you're eligible, be sure to claim your earned income credit, dependent care credit, and child care tax credit. Credits actually reduce your tax burden, or increase your refund, while deductions reduce your taxable income. This free service is being offered, without charge, by IRS trained and certified individuals at two locations in the area:-The Frisco Senior Center and at the Edge at Copper Mountain. Call for an appointment on Tuesdays at the Frisco Center, 668-2940. Or make an appointment at the Edge, Copper Mountain on Thursdays, 968-3060. This free service will end on March 21.
- New Frisco ordinance would ban aggressive panhandling
- Camping in Summit is best when you bring a chef, Boy Scout, gear junkie and jester
- Breckenridge Creative Arts adds new Street Arts Festival to Fourth of July lineup
- Silverthorne named top destination for vacation that won't break the bank
- Breckenridge man pleads guilty to attempted murder of 14-year-old girl