Free tax assistance is being offered for low and moderate income taxpayers, as well as seniors who may be unfamiliar with the new tax codes, or who might have difficulty paying a fee for their tax report preparation. If you're eligible, be sure to claim your earned income credit, dependent care credit, and child care tax credit. Credits actually reduce your tax burden, or increase your refund, while deductions reduce your taxable income. This free service is being offered, without charge, by IRS trained and certified individuals at two locations in the area:-The Frisco Senior Center and at the Edge at Copper Mountain. Call for an appointment on Tuesdays at the Frisco Center, 668-2940. Or make an appointment at the Edge, Copper Mountain on Thursdays, 968-3060. This free service will end on March 21.
Free tax help offered in Frisco and Copper
Trending in: News
- Family searching for Breckenridge man who went missing after Dillon Reservoir car crash
- Health in the High Country: doctors discuss altitude effects on heart, lungs
- Letter to the editor: A farewell to arms in Summit County
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations’ new Peak 8 project is the company’s fourth resort
- The state Marijuana Enforcement Division releases new rules for medical, retail marijuana businesses