Summit Music and Arts artistic director Len Rhodes invites the community to a very special afternoon of chamber music with Ivan Sokolov, Russian composer and pianist on Sunday at 4 p.m. at Lord of the Mountains Church, 56 Hwy. 6 in Dillon. "Seeing Through Sound: Chamber Music by Ivan Sokolov" features: Trio for Violin, Viola, and Cello (2009), performed by Colorado-based musicians Karen Bentley Pollick, violin; Basil Vendryes, viola; and Richard Slavich, cello, and Quartet for Violin, Viola, Cello and Piano (2010), with Sokolov joining the trio. Sokolov is a prominent and recognized Russian pianist, and is acknowledged as one of the leading contemporary pianists and composers of his time. Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at the door, children free. Call (970) 468-6809 for tickets or visit www.summitmusicandarts.org. Produced by Summit Music and Arts.
Summit County welcomes the return of Russian pianist and composer Ivan Sokolov
Trending in: News
- Snowboarder dies after hitting tree at Copper Mountain Resort
- Summit County police blotter: Dillon parking dispute ignites stickergate scandal
- Rocky Mountain Marijuana Part 1: High Country towns learn live with retail culture
- Jane Peterson is the next president and CEO of Keystone Symposia
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado