Summit Music and Arts artistic director Len Rhodes invites the community to a very special afternoon of chamber music with Ivan Sokolov, Russian composer and pianist on Sunday at 4 p.m. at Lord of the Mountains Church, 56 Hwy. 6 in Dillon. "Seeing Through Sound: Chamber Music by Ivan Sokolov" features: Trio for Violin, Viola, and Cello (2009), performed by Colorado-based musicians Karen Bentley Pollick, violin; Basil Vendryes, viola; and Richard Slavich, cello, and Quartet for Violin, Viola, Cello and Piano (2010), with Sokolov joining the trio. Sokolov is a prominent and recognized Russian pianist, and is acknowledged as one of the leading contemporary pianists and composers of his time. Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at the door, children free. Call (970) 468-6809 for tickets or visit www.summitmusicandarts.org. Produced by Summit Music and Arts.
- Quandary Peak access road at the center of bitter Summit County controversy
- Colorado Avalanche Information Center reports considerable backcountry threat
- Music Scene: Nine days of live music at the Snake in Keystone highlight holiday week
- Breckenridge investigator looking for new clues in unsolved 1982 double homicide
- Hey! You're doing it wrong — four common skier mistakes