Summit Music and Arts artistic director Len Rhodes invites the community to a very special afternoon of chamber music with Ivan Sokolov, Russian composer and pianist on Sunday at 4 p.m. at Lord of the Mountains Church, 56 Hwy. 6 in Dillon. "Seeing Through Sound: Chamber Music by Ivan Sokolov" features: Trio for Violin, Viola, and Cello (2009), performed by Colorado-based musicians Karen Bentley Pollick, violin; Basil Vendryes, viola; and Richard Slavich, cello, and Quartet for Violin, Viola, Cello and Piano (2010), with Sokolov joining the trio. Sokolov is a prominent and recognized Russian pianist, and is acknowledged as one of the leading contemporary pianists and composers of his time. Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at the door, children free. Call (970) 468-6809 for tickets or visit www.summitmusicandarts.org. Produced by Summit Music and Arts.
- Juvenile cyclist collides with vehicle on Highway 9 in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge crepe cart owner shares the secret for the perfect pancake
- Mountain Town News: Will wolves ever yip & growl in Colorado?
- Mountain Wheels: Affordable Jaguars – including a new SUV – seek to broaden appeal
- Summit County organizations host sesquicentennial celebration of a summer trip on Ute Pass