The participants in the Romp to Stomp, held on March 2, enjoyed a beautiful day snowshoeing for a very important cause, helping to stomp out breast cancer. There were more than 1,800 registered participants and, as of the day of the event, more than $67,500 was raised for the Denver affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. These funds and more may return to the community, via a granting process, to fund breast cancer diagnosis and treatment services. The final results from the Romp to Stomp will be announced in April. Make a donation at www.tubbsromptostomp.com/co until March 31.
- Winter will bring more plowing, metering on I-70
- Breckenridge increases parking fines for time-limit violators
- Forest Service OKs ziplines, alpine coasters on Vail Mountain
- Colorado hiker rescued after fall off Mt. Royal in Frisco
- Summit County marks milestone as Pennsylvania Mine receives one of two pollution-preventing plugs