The participants in the Romp to Stomp, held on March 2, enjoyed a beautiful day snowshoeing for a very important cause, helping to stomp out breast cancer. There were more than 1,800 registered participants and, as of the day of the event, more than $67,500 was raised for the Denver affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. These funds and more may return to the community, via a granting process, to fund breast cancer diagnosis and treatment services. The final results from the Romp to Stomp will be announced in April. Make a donation at www.tubbsromptostomp.com/co until March 31.
- Mountain Town News: Diverting food from landfill to composting
- The Summit Foundation announces winners of 24th annual Philanthropy Awards
- New tour presents ghosts of Breckenridge, without standing in the cold
- Colorado’s ‘Make My Day’ law invoked in Summit County murder case
- The fido files: A three-legged dog tale looking at bites, euthanasia and names