The participants in the Romp to Stomp, held on March 2, enjoyed a beautiful day snowshoeing for a very important cause, helping to stomp out breast cancer. There were more than 1,800 registered participants and, as of the day of the event, more than $67,500 was raised for the Denver affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. These funds and more may return to the community, via a granting process, to fund breast cancer diagnosis and treatment services. The final results from the Romp to Stomp will be announced in April. Make a donation at www.tubbsromptostomp.com/co until March 31.
- Interestate 70 near Silverthorne closed Friday after wreck kills 3 people
- Dear Drewbie: What Mount Everest and a Phish concert teach us about life, travel and finding your comfort zone
- Attempted murder on Transfer Trail
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte
- Summit Daily News reader photos