The participants in the Romp to Stomp, held on March 2, enjoyed a beautiful day snowshoeing for a very important cause, helping to stomp out breast cancer. There were more than 1,800 registered participants and, as of the day of the event, more than $67,500 was raised for the Denver affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. These funds and more may return to the community, via a granting process, to fund breast cancer diagnosis and treatment services. The final results from the Romp to Stomp will be announced in April. Make a donation at www.tubbsromptostomp.com/co until March 31.
- Summit County leaders mobilize to address alarming suicide, mental-health trends
- Abandoned wreckage of two Jeeps near Crystal irks Forest Service
- Take 5: Max Bonenberger, 14-year-old ultra runner and Silver Rush 50 finisher
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte
- Breckenridge's Swan River restoration project rises to $2.4 million