The participants in the Romp to Stomp, held on March 2, enjoyed a beautiful day snowshoeing for a very important cause, helping to stomp out breast cancer. There were more than 1,800 registered participants and, as of the day of the event, more than $67,500 was raised for the Denver affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. These funds and more may return to the community, via a granting process, to fund breast cancer diagnosis and treatment services. The final results from the Romp to Stomp will be announced in April. Make a donation at www.tubbsromptostomp.com/co until March 31.
- Downhill longboarding: An underground realm of motorcycle leathers and freeway speeds on Vail Pass
- Mountain Wheels: Take your pick: Subaru Crosstrek vs. Impreza Sport
- Mountain Town News: Plastic grocery bags now a no-no in Vail
- Private-land camping startups offer alternative to public lands
- Record-breaking pay parking revenue in Breck