Summit Music and Arts Artistic director Len Rhodes invites the community to a very special afternoon of chamber music with Ivan Sokolov, Russian composer and pianist on Sunday at 4 p.m. at Lord of the Mountains Church, 56 Hwy. 6 in Dillon. "Seeing Through Sound: Chamber Music by Ivan Sokolov" features: Trio for Violin, Viola, and Cello (2009), performed by Colorado-based musicians Karen Bentley Pollick, violin; Basil Vendryes, viola; and Richard Slavich, cello, and Quartet for Violin, Viola, Cello and Piano (2010), with Sokolov joining the trio. Sokolov is a prominent Russian pianist and is acknowledged as one of the leading contemporary pianists and composers of his time. Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at the door, children free. Call (970) 468-6809 for tickets or visit www.summitmusicandarts.org. Produced by Summit Music and Arts.
- Interestate 70 near Silverthorne closed Friday after wreck kills 3 people
- Eyewitness of North Pond drowning reflects on suicide and healing (column)
- Colorado wolf advocates, wildlife managers again feud over reintroduction
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte
- Leadville's looking for a little help to buy the legendary Tabor Opera House