Summit Music and Arts Artistic director Len Rhodes invites the community to a very special afternoon of chamber music with Ivan Sokolov, Russian composer and pianist on Sunday at 4 p.m. at Lord of the Mountains Church, 56 Hwy. 6 in Dillon. "Seeing Through Sound: Chamber Music by Ivan Sokolov" features: Trio for Violin, Viola, and Cello (2009), performed by Colorado-based musicians Karen Bentley Pollick, violin; Basil Vendryes, viola; and Richard Slavich, cello, and Quartet for Violin, Viola, Cello and Piano (2010), with Sokolov joining the trio. Sokolov is a prominent Russian pianist and is acknowledged as one of the leading contemporary pianists and composers of his time. Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at the door, children free. Call (970) 468-6809 for tickets or visit www.summitmusicandarts.org. Produced by Summit Music and Arts.
Summit County welcomes the return of Russian pianist and composer Ivan Sokolov today
Trending in: News
- Deadly Frisco motel incident could result in homicide charges, DA says
- Suspect identified in Frisco motel death; victim's injuries consistent with a fight, coroner says
- Mountain Travel Symposium: How can the ski industry grow?
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado
- Silverthorne calf moose on the mend, not out of the woods yet