Name of business or product: Summit Soap Co.Date business or product was launched: Mid-2011What goods do you make here in Summit County? Handmade soaps and shampoos from blended, upcycled and organic plant oils, as well as several other handmade, all-natural body care products.What's great about making your products here? We get to meet the folks we make them for! Our local retailers/distributors and all of our customers contribute to the purpose and style of everything we make.What's new with your company or product? We've moved into our new Upcycle-Factory, featuring our very own gift shop and showroom, with facility tours available by appointment. It's been in the making for many months, and we're very excited about our new space. We've also launched several new products lately - including the Mountain Massage oils and a unique collection of body butters.Why do you think it's important for people in Summit County to buy locally made goods? Shopping local gives you more choices, more say in what's available and supports local business who add value to our entire community. Keeping money in the community makes all of our jobs and small businesses stronger.How can people find out more about your products? Visit us at 76 Huron Road in Breckenridge(two buildings over from 7-11) Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., call us at 970-692-8966, or check out summitsoap.com.
- Quandary Peak access road at the center of bitter Summit County controversy
- Colorado Avalanche Information Center reports considerable backcountry threat
- Music Scene: Nine days of live music at the Snake in Keystone highlight holiday week
- Hey! You're doing it wrong — four common skier mistakes
- Breckenridge investigator looking for new clues in unsolved 1982 double homicide