The sixth annual Poetry Slam, hosted by Colorado Mountain College in Breckenridge, welcomes community members, students and faculty to rock their original verse on Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Eileen & Paul Finkel Auditorium. Poets of all ages and styles are invited to recite, perform or read as many as three minutes of original poetry at the Poetry Slam microphone. Performers can use no props, but they can use a small folder to read their poems. Group pieces and music are not allowed.Mark Palz, a CMC adjunct instructor who teaches English and creative writing, will emcee the event and will also initiate interactive discussions on poetry to engage the audience and promote a dialogue about poetry's place in the modern world.The event is free and open to the public. Parents of school-age children should be aware that some poems may contain adult content.Contact Palz at (716) 208-6473 for more information.
Poetry Slam rounds up poets at CMC in Breckenridge
Trending in: News
- Who causes the nightmare on Interstate 70? Tourists, truckers or CDOT?
- Independent review site compares multi-resort ski pass value
- Frisco Bay Marina liquidating rental boat fleet, equipment
- Breckenridge armed robbery suspect extended plea deal by district attorney
- Profile: Aaron Landau is betting that Summit County can lure professionals with a balance of quality work and lifestyle