The Breckenridge Heritage Alliance is seeking nominations for the second annual Theobald Award, which recognizes outstanding contributions to the history of the Breckenridge area. The award will identify a person, business or project that exemplifies the town's commitment to historic preservation; celebrates the history of Breckenridge in a unique way; demonstrates leadership and volunteerism, or both, for historic preservation and heritage tourism; or uncovers new facts or stories about the town's history. Visit breckheritage.com for more information. The deadline for nominations is Friday. The award ceremonywill take place late summer 2013.
- Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Summit Middle School principal Joel Rivera focuses on relationship building
- Summit County agencies fully contain 238-acre fire north of Silverthorne
- Breckenridge photographer helps nonprofit provide menstrual hygiene resources in Kenya
- Copper Mountain Resort starts snowmaking for the 2015-16 season