Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Entertainment
- Breckenridge police blotter: Craigslist ad fraud ruins woman's birthday ski trip
- Breckenridge police blotter: Social media melee spooks bar owner
- A behind-the-scenes look at avalanche mitigation for Arapahoe Basin
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area terrain expansion moves ahead
- Workforce housing piece added to Dillon mixed-use development