Though most Summit County men let their beards grow all willy-nilly, careful grooming and attention to style are necessary to compete at the international level. The World Beard and Mustache Championships, held this year in Leinfelden-Echterdingen, Germany, on Nov. 2, identifies 18 beard and mustache categories for its annual competition. Here are a few of the categories with famous facial hair examples.
How does your beard stack up?
Trending in: Activities & Events
- High Country Baking: Crispy-crunchy ginger triangles are fun to make
- BreckCreate: Graffiti artists demonstrate ‘improvisational energy’
- Road Trip: Travel to Telluride for the season that shimmers
- BreckCreate: Renowned sculptor Albert Paley brings ‘Syncline’ to town
- Brewers represent Summit, Eagle counties at Great American Beer Fest
- Family searching for Breckenridge man who went missing after Dillon Reservoir car crash
- Health in the High Country: doctors discuss altitude effects on heart, lungs
- Letter to the editor: A farewell to arms in Summit County
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations’ new Peak 8 project is the company’s fourth resort
- The state Marijuana Enforcement Division releases new rules for medical, retail marijuana businesses