Though most Summit County men let their beards grow all willy-nilly, careful grooming and attention to style are necessary to compete at the international level. The World Beard and Mustache Championships, held this year in Leinfelden-Echterdingen, Germany, on Nov. 2, identifies 18 beard and mustache categories for its annual competition. Here are a few of the categories with famous facial hair examples.
How does your beard stack up?
Trending in: Activities & Events
- Loveland Ski Area hosts Subaru’s Winterfest
- Book review: ‘Breakfast With Buddha,’ by Roland Merullo
- Silverthorne daredevils steal show at Frisco July Fourth parade
- Rocky Mountain Art and Craft Fair in Frisco features many art forms, including balsa wood embroidery
- Bliss and balance: Summit County spas offer a getaway all their own
- Jane Peterson is the next president and CEO of Keystone Symposia
- Snowboarder dies after hitting tree at Copper Mountain Resort
- Continental Divide Land Trust gets new conservation easement in Lower Blue River Valley
- Summit County police blotter: Dillon parking dispute ignites stickergate scandal
- Rocky Mountain Marijuana Part 1: High Country towns learn live with retail culture