9 fun summer activities in Breckenridge with kids
August 26, 2017
Summer is such a beautiful time to relax in Breckenridge. If you've got kiddos in tow, we've got some great options to keep the whole family enjoying summer break.
Epic Discovery arrives in Breckenridge in summer 2017 with interactive exploration zones, story stakes, animal ability experiences, climbing wall, Aerial Adventure Tour, zip lines and more. The summer expansion combined with the existing activities connect all ages with our national forests. During summer operating hours, mid-June through mid-September, anyone can ride the scenic BreckConnect Gondola up to the mountain for free. Toddlers and children of all ages will get a thrill out of this ride alone.
If you're looking to view town from a horse-eye view, Breckenridge Stables offers 90-minute horseback rides that are great for first-timers and families. They've got over 100 horses and wranglers are prepared to match riders with a horse that best meets their ability. Although this is a nose-to-tail ride, riders will experience creek crossings, ponds and incredible views of town and the Continental Divide.
Have some skateboard fans in your life? Check out Breckenridge's rebuilt community Skate Park, located on the north side of the Breckenridge Recreation Center.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Summit
- LCD Soundsystem, Method Man and Redman, Martin Garrix, Marshmello to play X Games and Belly Up Aspen
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge Ullr Fest reclaims record for World’s Longest Shot Ski
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- Part-time Breckenridge resident and World Cup winner produces ‘Smoke in the Tunnel,’ a film about the Kaprun disaster
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery
- Summit School District to ‘protect, preserve’ student memorial garden during construction