A&E briefs: Statewide casting calls for teen-produced movie
April 24, 2014
Perilous Productions is hosting a statewide casting call for Colorado teenagers and Colorado bands for “My Teen Movie,” a one-of-a-kind, unique idea in independent film making. The “My Teen Movie” project is a horror film that will be produced, written, directed, acted and released all in the state of Colorado based off of teenagers’ ideas and creativity.
The top 25 actor auditions and 10 bands or musicians will be uploaded to the website in May and will be voted on by the public. This is a Colorado Proud Project to promote the film industry in Colorado.
Auditions are currently being held in 20 cities across the state. Teens can visit the project website at http://www.myteenmovie.com to find audition locations, as well as the character breakdowns to download and bring with them to the audition. No acting experience in necessary. The website also contains information about the project and the complete rules and guidelines. Local bands or musicians can submit their songs for consideration to email@example.com.
Vail Summer Bluegrass series announces talent lineup
The Arrabelle at Vail Square will play host to the inaugural free Vail Summer Bluegrass Series, featuring notable bluegrass talent the Travelin’ McCourys with Bill Nershi (String Cheese Incident) on Wednesday, July 2; Peter Rowan’s Bluegrass Band on Wednesday, July 16; Sarah Jarosz on Wednesday, Aug. 13; and the Drew Emmitt Band (Leftover Salmon) on Wednesday, Aug. 27.
Kicking things off on July 2 will be Denver’s Chain Station, while Golden’s Thunder & Rain will supply opening duties on July 16. Sarah Jarosz’s Aug. 13 performance will be “An Evening With …” where she and her band will take on two 60-minute sets with no opener, and Denver-based Trout Steak Revival will wrap things up on Aug. 27.
Additionally, Vail Bluegrass is proud to welcome Bonfire Brewing, of Eagle, as its exclusive beer sponsor. Vail Bluegrass will announce wine and spirits sponsors in the coming weeks. Attendees will have the opportunity to purchase Bonfire and the additional exclusive beverages within the boundaries of the concert space. Vail Bluegrass has made 30 tickets available per show for those looking to purchase a premium seat. These tickets may be purchased online for $25 beginning Friday, April 25.
For more information or to purchase premium seats, visit http://www.vailbluegrass.com.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Part-time Breckenridge resident and World Cup winner produces ‘Smoke in the Tunnel,’ a film about the Kaprun disaster
- Met Opera presents ‘Don Giovanni’ at Colorado Mountain College Breckenridge
- Science of Food column: A duel of salts — sodium versus potassium
- Día de los Muertos celebration in Breckenridge offers free activities Oct. 21-23
- Fairplay woman has fostered 500 felines at Cat Casita
- Housing Divided, Part 5: Summit workers and families on brink of homelessness
- Summit Daily News announces the 2016 Best Of Summit (photos & video)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area the first in North America to open terrain
- Breckenridge to start a new paid parking program later this year
- Complete coverage of Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opening day