A&E briefs: Statewide casting calls for teen-produced movie
April 24, 2014
Perilous Productions is hosting a statewide casting call for Colorado teenagers and Colorado bands for "My Teen Movie," a one-of-a-kind, unique idea in independent film making. The "My Teen Movie" project is a horror film that will be produced, written, directed, acted and released all in the state of Colorado based off of teenagers' ideas and creativity.
The top 25 actor auditions and 10 bands or musicians will be uploaded to the website in May and will be voted on by the public. This is a Colorado Proud Project to promote the film industry in Colorado.
Auditions are currently being held in 20 cities across the state. Teens can visit the project website at http://www.myteenmovie.com to find audition locations, as well as the character breakdowns to download and bring with them to the audition. No acting experience in necessary. The website also contains information about the project and the complete rules and guidelines. Local bands or musicians can submit their songs for consideration to email@example.com.
Vail Summer Bluegrass series announces talent lineup
The Arrabelle at Vail Square will play host to the inaugural free Vail Summer Bluegrass Series, featuring notable bluegrass talent the Travelin' McCourys with Bill Nershi (String Cheese Incident) on Wednesday, July 2; Peter Rowan's Bluegrass Band on Wednesday, July 16; Sarah Jarosz on Wednesday, Aug. 13; and the Drew Emmitt Band (Leftover Salmon) on Wednesday, Aug. 27.
Kicking things off on July 2 will be Denver's Chain Station, while Golden's Thunder & Rain will supply opening duties on July 16. Sarah Jarosz's Aug. 13 performance will be "An Evening With …" where she and her band will take on two 60-minute sets with no opener, and Denver-based Trout Steak Revival will wrap things up on Aug. 27.
Additionally, Vail Bluegrass is proud to welcome Bonfire Brewing, of Eagle, as its exclusive beer sponsor. Vail Bluegrass will announce wine and spirits sponsors in the coming weeks. Attendees will have the opportunity to purchase Bonfire and the additional exclusive beverages within the boundaries of the concert space. Vail Bluegrass has made 30 tickets available per show for those looking to purchase a premium seat. These tickets may be purchased online for $25 beginning Friday, April 25.
For more information or to purchase premium seats, visit http://www.vailbluegrass.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Summit
- This week in history: Snowslides turn passenger train back from Leadville
- Friends of the Dillon Ranger District to host its biggest party of the year
- Book review: ‘Alone on the Wall’ by Alex Honnold
- Surviving in Summit County: ‘Diversification’ keeps records spinning at Affordable Music
- Hey, Spike! tells a trailblazing tale of Zebulon Pike
- Breckenridge stalking victim says court case barely scratched surface of battle with abuse
- Aspen man who died at parking garage ran to his death
- Summit County residents take to the streets for March for Science
- Breckenridge Ski Resort celebrates closing day with Breck Plunge
- High Country Crime: Bar brawler arrested in Snowmass