Photo slideshow: Scenes from the Breckenridge WAVE art festival
June 3, 2017
One-hour past sundown on Friday night, the illuminated public art pieces at the Blue River Plaza in Breckenridge begin to take over the darkened sky. The visitors take notice with their phone cameras. The WAVE art festival assembled artists from around the globe to make the town's public spaces into their canvas. Hosted by Breckenridge Creative Arts, the late-evening families interacted with the light and sounds at the "Micro" installation featuring 200 silicon-coated orbs suspended in midair, watched in awe under 10,000 feet of translucent rope at the "Polygunum 2.0" scene, and walked between other installations within downtown area. The free contemporary public art event will be on display until Sunday night.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Summit
- LCD Soundsystem, Method Man and Redman, Martin Garrix, Marshmello to play X Games and Belly Up Aspen
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- Summit Daily reader photos: Is it summer, winter or fall? Either way, we’ll take it.
- Breckenridge Ullr Fest reclaims record for World’s Longest Shot Ski
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident