Comedy takes center stage at Wit and Wine for Timberline in Breckenridge
October 18, 2016
IF YOU GO
What: Wit and Wine for Timberline featuring comedians Troy Walker and Chris Voth
When: Friday, Oct. 21; doors at 5:30 p.m., show starts at 6 p.m.
Where: Speakeasy Theatre, 103 S. Harris St., Breckenridge
Tickets: $35 per person or $60 per couple
More info: (970) 453-9656 or TimberlineLearningCenter.com
Comedy Works performers Troy Walker and Chris Voth take the stage Friday, Oct. 21 as part of Wit and Wine for Timberline, a fundraiser supporting local nonprofit Timberline Learning Center (TLC). Proceeds from the event — which includes wine tastings from Blue River Bistro, beer tastings from Broken Compass Brewing, appetizers from Food Hedz World Café and a silent auction — support eco-friendly playground equipment (made of 99-plus percent post-consumer plastics) and the final phase of the facility’s playground renovation.
“Teaching children about the benefits of making earth-friendly choices early in life will encourage them to grow into environmentally-conscious adults,” said TLC executive director Leslie Davis in a statement.
Event headliner Voth is an award-winning comic who appeared on “Last Comic Standing 2.” In addition to his two years in a clean comedy improv troupe, Voth has worked with some of the biggest names in comedy including Dave Chappelle, Dana Carvey and Wayne Brady. Opening the evening is Troy Walker, a Colorado native who started in Denver’s open mic scene and today graces the best stages the city has to offer. Expect charming awkwardness and incredible likeability from this rising star.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for the 6 p.m. show at the Speakeasy Theatre, located at 103 S. Harris St. in Breckenridge. Tickets — $35 per person or $60 per couple — can be purchased by calling (970) 453-9656 or online at TimberlineLearningCenter.com. Spend the evening laughing for a great cause: updated, eco-friendly playground equipment for the community’s future leaders.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Summit Right Brain: Author Karin Mitchell writes about the weird, gross, yet entertaining aspects to life with kids
- Chairlift rescue story from hero Mickey Wilson (column)
- Summit 360 video: Dogs let loose at Carter Park Dog Park in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge Ullr Fest reclaims record for World’s Longest Shot Ski
- Longtime Summit County locals reflect on the snowstorm’s latest wreckage (column)
- Denver man found dead at Breckenridge Ski Resort Friday, Jan. 13
- VIDEO: Rescuer, skier tangled by backpack on Arapahoe Basin chairlift share rescue with Ellen Degeneres
- Breckenridge ski and snowboard theft numbers see uptick in 2016
- Salmonella outbreak spurs major changes at Breckenridge restaurant
- VIDEO: Snowplow crashes through guardrail, down 300-foot embankment after collision with semi