Disney’s Belle, Bob Marley take the stage
May 16, 2017
Alpine Dance Academy in Frisco will present its spring recital on Saturday at the Riverwalk Center in Breckenridge, complete with a Disney theme and tributes to the famous musicians of the recent and not-so-recent past.
The performance will begin at 6 p.m. Admission is $15 for adults or $10 for students. Children 4 and under are free. Tickets are available at the door only. Doors open at 4:30 p.m., and people are encouraged to come early to claim a good seat.
The program this year will feature "The Wonderful World of Disney," with the first act dedicated to everything Disney. Throughout Act 1 there will be appearances from all the Disney favorites, such as Ariel, Winnie The Pooh, Jasmine, Olaf and more.
Each class at the dance school will portray an element of the Disney universe. For example, the pre-K classes will be little Belles for Ballet and Lions — along with Simba — for tap.
The second act will pay tribute to musicians lost recently and not-so-recently. Dancers will perform to Frank Sinatra, Prince, David Bowie, George Michael, Whitney Houston, Elvis Presley and more.
To add another layer of fun, the school's "acting students" will present each artist to the audience by delivering a monologue as that artist. To do this, they had to research the artist, write the monologue and create a costume.
Bob Marley's monologue, which will be performed by Sophie Feller, is supposed to be particularly outstanding, according to the school.
This recital will feature every ADA student age 3 through high school, including 15 graduating seniors — Allyson Bierbaum, Jarelle Bjork, Jenessa Bjork, Hannah Bussy, Jamie Byers, Vanessa Ceniceros, Cameron Dahman, Laila Golgoon, Sophie Imamura, Megan Kidd, Chenoa Koehn, Sarah Lorch, Morgan Payne, Klara Smith and Emily Wallace.
For more, AlpineDanceAcedemy.com.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Hey, Spike! presents bodybuilding Realtor Jillian Turner
- Wine Ink column: Celebrating 325 years of wine with voyage to London
- Summit County Weekend: Swimsuit Day hits Arapahoe Basin Ski Area Saturday
- This week in history: New vein of lead ore on Gibson Hill
- Breckenridge Music Festival releases 2017 lineup
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars