Carpe Diem string quartet performs with Leon Joseph Littlebird
August 15, 2016
Leon Joseph Littlebird will be performing a special collaborative show with Carpe Diem string quartet on Aug. 21 at Lord of the Mountains Church at 7 p.m. Enjoy Dvorak's famous "American" string quartet and a new work for strings and flute, "Anthem for the Ancestors."
"Anthem for the Ancestors" is a unique music piece for string quartet and Native instruments written by Littlebird and Chas Wetherbee. Also featured will be a few shorter selections Littlebird's "Taos Nights." Appetizer reception starts at 6:30 p.m. Donations will be accepted at the door, with all proceeds going to The Dercum Center's mission to bring renowned artists to Summit County to enrich, educate, strengthen and impact the community.
For information and reservations, contact Karina at (970) 485-4801 or email@example.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment Nightlife
- Summit County’s live music calendar
- Marijuana artist uses relief painting for cannabis creations
- High Altitude Baking: Almost instant vanilla cupcakes (recipe)
- Summit Music and Arts presents Hennessy Six Jazz Sextet at Colorado College in Breckenridge
- Behind the Bar: Legends of The Gold Pan in Breckenridge (video)
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort