Silverthorne breaks ground on new Performing Arts Center
June 13, 2016
Residents braved the off-and-on rain Sunday afternoon for a groundbreaking celebration for the new Performing Arts Center in Silverthorne. Local performers Angie Janzen, Mike Huberman, the Folklorico Dancers, Kelly Renoux, Nina Waters and Len Rhodes provided entertainment throughout the event. As rain clouds loomed overhead, Lake Dillon Theatre Company (LDTC) Youth performer Mikaela Clark sang the lyrics, "The sun'll come out, tomorrow," to chuckles from the crowd. Silverthorne Mayor Bruce Butler, town council members, LDTC staff and board president Larry Kelly gave speeches before the ceremonial shovels in the ground.
Announced last year, the new Performing Arts Center is a cooperation between the town of Silverthorne and the LDTC created to further catalyze a vibrant downtown Silverthorne through arts and culture offerings. The Center is projected to open in March 2017.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment Nightlife
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars