American classics for the 4th
July 3, 2013
The Breckenridge-based National Repertory Orchestra will play a "Patriotic Salute" today in honor of the Fourth of July holiday. There will be two performances, both conducted by Carl Topilow: a free performance at 10 a.m. at the Dillon Amphitheatre and a performance at the Breckenridge Riverwalk Center at 8:30 p.m. Singers from the Lake Dillon Theatre Company will be featured in the Dillon concert.
The concert program features fun, patriotic favorites including the "Hoedown from Rodeo," by Aaron Copland, "1812 Overture (finale)," by Pytor Ilyich Tchaikovsky and much more.
The Lake Dillon Foundation of the Performing Arts, Mont and Karen Levy, Barbara and Jim Calvin and the town of Breckenridge are sponsoring this National Repertory Orchestra concert.
Amy Skjerseth is the marketing and public relations intern with the National Repertory Orchestra.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)
- Biff America: Six commandments we can all agree on (column)