American classics for the 4th
July 3, 2013
The Breckenridge-based National Repertory Orchestra will play a "Patriotic Salute" today in honor of the Fourth of July holiday. There will be two performances, both conducted by Carl Topilow: a free performance at 10 a.m. at the Dillon Amphitheatre and a performance at the Breckenridge Riverwalk Center at 8:30 p.m. Singers from the Lake Dillon Theatre Company will be featured in the Dillon concert.
The concert program features fun, patriotic favorites including the "Hoedown from Rodeo," by Aaron Copland, "1812 Overture (finale)," by Pytor Ilyich Tchaikovsky and much more.
The Lake Dillon Foundation of the Performing Arts, Mont and Karen Levy, Barbara and Jim Calvin and the town of Breckenridge are sponsoring this National Repertory Orchestra concert.
Amy Skjerseth is the marketing and public relations intern with the National Repertory Orchestra.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- World-class guitarist to perform in Breckenridge
- Plan your Summit County weekend: Breckenridge’s NRO and BMF orchestras to collaborate
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- The Summit Hiker: A Colorado Hike on the Flower Valley/Upper Straight Creek Trails
- National Repertory Orchestra to thank emergency workers with benefit concert
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- Breckenridge unveils new Alpine Camp at Epic Discovery fun park