American classics for the 4th
Ryan Summerlin July 3, 2013
The Breckenridge-based National Repertory Orchestra will play a “Patriotic Salute” today in honor of the Fourth of July holiday. There will be two performances, both conducted by Carl Topilow: a free performance at 10 a.m. at the Dillon Amphitheatre and a performance at the Breckenridge Riverwalk Center at 8:30 p.m. Singers from the Lake Dillon Theatre Company will be featured in the Dillon concert.
The concert program features fun, patriotic favorites including the “Hoedown from Rodeo,” by Aaron Copland, “1812 Overture (finale),” by Pytor Ilyich Tchaikovsky and much more.
The Lake Dillon Foundation of the Performing Arts, Mont and Karen Levy, Barbara and Jim Calvin and the town of Breckenridge are sponsoring this National Repertory Orchestra concert.
Amy Skjerseth is the marketing and public relations intern with the National Repertory Orchestra.
Trending In: Events
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)