American classics for the 4th
July 3, 2013
The Breckenridge-based National Repertory Orchestra will play a "Patriotic Salute" today in honor of the Fourth of July holiday. There will be two performances, both conducted by Carl Topilow: a free performance at 10 a.m. at the Dillon Amphitheatre and a performance at the Breckenridge Riverwalk Center at 8:30 p.m. Singers from the Lake Dillon Theatre Company will be featured in the Dillon concert.
The concert program features fun, patriotic favorites including the "Hoedown from Rodeo," by Aaron Copland, "1812 Overture (finale)," by Pytor Ilyich Tchaikovsky and much more.
The Lake Dillon Foundation of the Performing Arts, Mont and Karen Levy, Barbara and Jim Calvin and the town of Breckenridge are sponsoring this National Repertory Orchestra concert.
Amy Skjerseth is the marketing and public relations intern with the National Repertory Orchestra.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Fourth of July in Summit County: Everything you need to know
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- A Summit County guide to fireworks and free music on Fourth of July
- Colorado Wildflower Hiking Guide to Summit County, Colorado
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- Summit County board approves West Hills workforce-housing project in Keystone
- Breckenridge ranked second-best small town to visit by U.S. News and World Report
- Gothard: It’s about safeguarding lives, not power plays (column)