Breckenridge Backstage Theatre holding auditions for production of ‘Shrek’
April 9, 2014
If you go
What: Auditions for “Shrek the Musical”
When: 6 to 9 p.m. Monday, April 21, and Monday, April 28
Where: Breckenridge Theatre, 121 S. Ridge St., Breckenridge
More information: Auditions are by appointment only. Call (970) 453-0199 to reserve a time.
The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre is seeking strong singers, actors and dancers (ages 7 to 70) for its Labor Day production of "Shrek the Musical."
"Shrek" is based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks film, which is a spoof on fairy tales, Disneyana, pop culture and musicals in general. William Steig wrote the source material, with music by Jeanine Tesori and the book and lyrics by David Lindsay-Abaire.
Breckenridge Backstage Theatre artistic director Christopher Willard ("Disney's Beauty and the Beast") will direct the production. Choreography is by Jess Belflower, and puppets by Cory Gilstrap ("Avenue Q"). Rehearsals are scheduled to begin in early June and will be conducted throughout the summer. The show will open Thursday, Aug. 28, and play thru Saturday, Sept. 6, with a total of six performances. All performances are at the Riverwalk Center in Breckenridge.
The roles of Shrek and Fiona have been precast. All other roles are available, including Lord Farquaad, Donkey, Dragon, Young Fiona, Teen Fiona, Little Shrek, DuLoc Singers, Gingy, Pinocchio, Big Bad Wolf, Three Little Pigs, White Rabbit, Fairy Godmother, Peter Pan, Wicked Witch, Sugar Plum Fairy, Ugly Duckling, Three Bears and more.
Auditions will be held on Monday, April 21, and Monday, April 28, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Breckenridge Theatre, 121 S. Ridge St. in Breckenridge. Auditionees should be familiar with the songs "Story of My Life" and "Freak Flag" and be prepared to dance a combination and read from the script. Perusal copies of music are available by emailing a request to email@example.com. If you have a headshot and resume, please bring those to the audition.
Auditions are by appointment only. Call (970) 453-0199 to reserve a time.
Trending In: Events
- St. Patrick’s Day events in Breckenridge, Keystone and around Summit County
- Roundup of St. Patrick’s Day events and specials around Summit County
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Perfecting the craft cocktail at home with Breckenridge Distillery
- Powder Keg: Local, regional breweries celebrate Colorado Craft Beer Week
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Officials remove aircraft wreckage from Colorado wilderness
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk in Aspen