Breckenridge Backstage Theatre names new executive director
October 8, 2013
If you go
What: Welcome reception for Mark Lineaweaver, new Backstage Theatre executive director
Where: Breckenridge Theatre, 121 S. Ridge St.
When: 7 p.m. Tuesday
More information: Call (970) 453-0199 to RSVP
The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre Board of Directors has named Mark Lineaweaver as executive director. Lineaweaver will join artistic director Christopher Willard in leading the nonprofit as it launches its 40th season and prepares for a 2014 expansion.
Breckenridge Backstage Theatre selected Lineaweaver after a four-month nationwide search.
"With 15 years of business management and development experience, a degree in business from the University of Colorado's Leeds School of Business and a master's in international business studies from the University of South Carolina, Mark has the perfect skill set to grow the theater into our 40th season and beyond," said Frankie Hood, board president.
Lineaweaver and his family moved to Summit County 12 years ago. His wife, Kim, and their two children, Riley, 11, and Brody, 8, are very involved in the theater. A reception to welcome Lineaweaver and to meet the theater staff will be held at the Breckenridge Theatre on Tuesday at 7 p.m. Catering will be provided by All About Catering.
"Breckenridge is an amazing place, and I am excited to work with the town, donors, sponsors and patrons to continue to develop Breckenridge as a world-class arts and cultural destination with the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre as one of its cornerstones," Lineaweaver said.
The Town Council of Breckenridge approved a $1.3 million expansion of the theater that will give much more flexibility to the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre on all levels — occupancy, programming and staging. Plans are in place to increase the number of performances, add a concert and film series and expand the theater's educational programs. The renovation is scheduled to start Aug. 11.
"We're excited to welcome new energy and ideas to help the theater realize its vision for this new phase of growth," Willard said.
The theater's 40th season kicks off on Oct. 23 with a homegrown comedy, "Zompocalypse … Later," and continues over the holidays with the musical hit "Oliver!" For more information on Breckenridge Backstage Theatre's 40th anniversary season, or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.backstagetheatre.org.
Trending In: Events
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- St. Patrick’s Day events in Breckenridge, Keystone and around Summit County
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Roundup of St. Patrick’s Day events and specials around Summit County
- Summit County singer Beau Thomas takes the stage on NBC’s ‘The Voice’
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont