Breckenridge Backstage Theatre names new executive director
Ryan Summerlin October 8, 2013
If you go
What: Welcome reception for Mark Lineaweaver, new Backstage Theatre executive director
Where: Breckenridge Theatre, 121 S. Ridge St.
When: 7 p.m. Tuesday
More information: Call (970) 453-0199 to RSVP
The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre Board of Directors has named Mark Lineaweaver as executive director. Lineaweaver will join artistic director Christopher Willard in leading the nonprofit as it launches its 40th season and prepares for a 2014 expansion.
Breckenridge Backstage Theatre selected Lineaweaver after a four-month nationwide search.
“With 15 years of business management and development experience, a degree in business from the University of Colorado’s Leeds School of Business and a master’s in international business studies from the University of South Carolina, Mark has the perfect skill set to grow the theater into our 40th season and beyond,” said Frankie Hood, board president.
Lineaweaver and his family moved to Summit County 12 years ago. His wife, Kim, and their two children, Riley, 11, and Brody, 8, are very involved in the theater. A reception to welcome Lineaweaver and to meet the theater staff will be held at the Breckenridge Theatre on Tuesday at 7 p.m. Catering will be provided by All About Catering.
“Breckenridge is an amazing place, and I am excited to work with the town, donors, sponsors and patrons to continue to develop Breckenridge as a world-class arts and cultural destination with the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre as one of its cornerstones,” Lineaweaver said.
The Town Council of Breckenridge approved a $1.3 million expansion of the theater that will give much more flexibility to the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre on all levels — occupancy, programming and staging. Plans are in place to increase the number of performances, add a concert and film series and expand the theater’s educational programs. The renovation is scheduled to start Aug. 11.
“We’re excited to welcome new energy and ideas to help the theater realize its vision for this new phase of growth,” Willard said.
The theater’s 40th season kicks off on Oct. 23 with a homegrown comedy, “Zompocalypse … Later,” and continues over the holidays with the musical hit “Oliver!” For more information on Breckenridge Backstage Theatre’s 40th anniversary season, or to purchase tickets, visit www.backstagetheatre.org.
Trending In: Events
- Six best fall drives to see colors near Summit County, Colorado (video)
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- The Summit County, Colorado, guide leaf peeping like a scientist
- Parade of Homes event showcases Summit County’s most interesting homes
- New art exhibit in Frisco showcases the Faces of Summit County
- Housing Divided, Part 1: Study confirms severity of Summit County housing crisis
- Attempt to open new Breckenridge marijuana retail shop fizzles
- ‘Deplorables for Trump’ banner vandalized in Dillon
- Breckenridge Town Councilman Jeffrey Bergeron hospitalized with amnesia
- Summit County real estate round-up: Lack of property stock causes stall in August sales