Breckenridge Wine Extravaganza debuts at Beaver Run Resort
Ryan Summerlin May 23, 2014
Breckenridge Wine Extravaganza schedule
Friday, May 23
• 5:30-7:30 p.m. Winemakers Dinner, a five-course meal featuring wines from Garfield Estates Winery and Avanti Winery, $138 for one ticket or $250 for a pair
• 7-9:30 p.m. Chocolate and Wine Pairing, featuring wines from Avanti Winery, Garfield Estates Winery, Kingman Estates, Ryker Cellars and Aspen Peak Cellars, $35 for one ticket, $60 for a pair or $118 for a four-pack, includes wine and chocolate samples
Saturday, May 24
• 2-8 p.m. Grand Tasting, featuring wine, beer and liquor from more than 10 producers, $80 for one ticket or $150 for a pair, includes wine and food samples, bottle tote and commemorative wine glass for first 250 people
Sunday, May 25
• 11 a.m. Brunch served in Spencer’s Restaurant, featuring Kingman Estates wines
Find tickets and more information about these events at www.allthingsvino.com. A portion of ticket sales goes to the Breckenridge Mountain Rotary Club.
The inaugural Breckenridge Wine Extravaganza takes place this Memorial Day weekend, Friday, May 23, through Sunday, May 25, at Beaver Run Resort in Breckenridge. The festival will feature Colorado wines, beers and liquors, Colorado chocolatiers and fantastic cuisine featuring local products, created by executive chef Stephen Kleinman.
The festival kicks off Friday night with a Winemakers Dinner, featuring wines from Garfield Estates Winery and Avanti Winery paired with five courses of customized Colorado grown and raised cuisine prepared by the culinary team at Beaver Run. Winemaker Allison Barrett will join the culinary team in describing the preparation of each course, as well as the details about the wine being served.
Flamenco guitarist Gary Meyers will add his personal touch to the evening by playing amazing tracks such as “Malaguena.” This ticket also includes your entry into the Chocolate & Wine Pairing, taking place just down the hall. The pairing includes chocolates from Dove Chocolates, Small Cakes Colorado, Truffnies and Fudge Ladies, as well as a chocolate fountain with fruit and sweet treats to pair with wines from Avanti Winery, Garfield Estates Winery, Kingman Estates, Ryker Cellars and Aspen Peak Cellars.
Saturday, May 24, is the Grand Tasting in Beaver Run’s Colorado Ballroom. General admission tickets include wine, beer and liquor samples from more than a dozen purveyors, as well as five food stations with dishes prepared by the Beaver Run culinary staff. Also included are a bottle tote and a commemorative wine glass for the first 250 entrants. The evening will feature music from jazz favorite Dotsero, the sultry sounds of Sarah Snead and more show-stopping flamenco guitar from Myers.
The weekend concludes with brunch at Spencer’s Restaurant, with wines from Kingman Estates. Visit www.beaverrun.com for special package rates on Breckenridge Wine Extravaganza tickets and lodging, with discounted rooms starting at $99. A portion of ticket sales goes to the Breckenridge Mountain Rotary Club.
Trending In: Events
- Six best fall drives to see colors near Summit County, Colorado (video)
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Hey, Spike! polishes a story of Kingdom royalty
- Parade of Homes event showcases Summit County’s most interesting homes
- New art exhibit in Frisco showcases the Faces of Summit County
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- ‘Deplorables for Trump’ banner vandalized in Dillon
- Housing Divided, Part 1: Study confirms severity of Summit County housing crisis
- Summit County real estate round-up: Lack of property stock causes stall in August sales
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager