Education Foundation raises more than $10,000 at weekend event
April 13, 2014
Support the foundation
All funds raised by Education Foundation of the Summit go directly to supporting innovation in public school programs — creativity, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and innovative classroom technology.
If you are interested in finding out more, contact Brad Piehl at (970) 406-0085 or visit http://www.educationfoundationsummit.org.
Education Foundation of the Summit's fourth-annual spring fundraiser on Saturday, April 5, was deemed a success by the foundation board. This year's theme was Trivia Night Fever, and the entire audience participated in an evening of trivia questions, raffle prizes and special awards for the first- and second-place winners who answered the most questions correctly.
More than $10,000 was raised for the Eileen Finkel Innovative Teacher Grants, which enable teachers to apply for funds for their creative and innovative projects benefitting Summit County public school students. The Colorado Learning Connections and RE/MAX team won first prize, which was a Hummer limo ride to the Left Hand Brewery for all 10 team members for a brewery tour and lunch, as well as liquid refreshments.
One of the most sought-after raffle prizes was a special pair of Fat-ypus Skis with Left Hand Brewery graphics donated by Left Hand Brewery as one of only 25 pairs of these skis that were made to benefit charitable causes. The Education Foundation also raffled off a season pass to Arapahoe Basin and a stainless steel gas grill.
Trivia Night Fever was made possible through the generosity of Grand Lodge on Peak 7, Left Hand Brewery, Beaver Run Resort, First Bank and Wyndham Vacation Rentals. Sage Tutoring, Colorado Learning Connections and RE/MAX, Red Buffalo Coffee & Tea, Johnny G's and Modis were also present at the event as team sponsors. The Education Foundation of the Summit would like to thank DJ Cyn for the great tunes, Lindsay Eland for reading (and singing) the questions and Karin Bearnarth for moderating and organizing the event.
Trending In: Events
- St. Patrick’s Day events in Breckenridge, Keystone and around Summit County
- Roundup of St. Patrick’s Day events and specials around Summit County
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Perfecting the craft cocktail at home with Breckenridge Distillery
- Powder Keg: Local, regional breweries celebrate Colorado Craft Beer Week
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Officials remove aircraft wreckage from Colorado wilderness
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk in Aspen