Flights & Bites: Zagat lists Breckenridge as top winter foodie escape
February 14, 2014
Zagat recently listed Breckenridge among its 10 Winter Escapes for Foodies. The brief article highlighted the resort's new Peak 6, as well as the cocktail and beer offerings of Après Handcrafted Libations (130 S. Main St., Breckenridge) and the newly launched Pursuit Chocolate at Ridge Street Wine (304 S. Main St., Breckenridge).
Zagat is a Google-owned survey company that curates consumer ratings, reviews and lists and prides itself on being "the trusted and accurate source for discovering the very best places to eat and drink." Learn more at http://www.zagat.com.
Five-course beer dinner at Twist in Breck
Chef Matt Fackler, of Twist, is offering a five-course beer pairing dinner with Elevation Beer Co. on Wednesday, Feb. 26. This unique and decadent beer and food experience will begin at 6 p.m. with standing appetizers and Elevation 8 Second Kolsch. A seated dinner will follow the "beer-tail hour" at 6:45.
Seats are $70 in advance or $75 at the door. This is a ticketless event. Call Twist at (970) 547-7100 to reserve your spot with a credit card number.
Mardi Gras in the mountains at Beaver Run
Beaver Run Resort in Breckenridge will host a Mardi Gras Ball on Saturday, March 1, in the resort's Breckenridge Ballroom. The event, which runs from 6 to 10 p.m., will feature a New Orleans-style crayfish boil and desserts, cash bar, the crowing of the Mardi Gras Rex and Queen and dancing to live music from Hazel Miller.
The dinner menu includes fresh, live Louisiana crayfish; captain hushpuppies with remoulade sauce; Atchafalaya shrimp po-boy on baguette; New Orleans black beans and rice; fried green tomatoes; eggplant etouffee; blackened Louisiana drum fish with crayfish sauce; stuffed pork with Tasso spinach and goat cheese; and New Orleans beignets and bananas foster for dessert.
Tickets are $60 per person, $120 per couple or $500 for a table of 10 and can be reserved by calling (970) 453-5055 or (970) 453-5074 or emailing email@example.com. Purchase of full tables is available while supplies last.
Moonlight Dinner Series events sold out
The remaining Moonlight Dinner Series events at Arapahoe Basin for the winter season are all sold out, including A Night in Spain on Saturday, Feb. 15; Foods of the Pacific Rim on Saturday, March 15; and A Night in Italy on Saturday, April 12.
For those who are already scheduled to attend these events, if a modification is needed to a reservation, contact Guest Services at (888) 272-7246. Visit http://www.arapahoebasin.com for more information on dining or other upcoming events.
Trending In: Events
- St. Patrick’s Day events in Breckenridge, Keystone and around Summit County
- Roundup of St. Patrick’s Day events and specials around Summit County
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Perfecting the craft cocktail at home with Breckenridge Distillery
- Powder Keg: Local, regional breweries celebrate Colorado Craft Beer Week
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Officials remove aircraft wreckage from Colorado wilderness
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk in Aspen