Flights & Bites: Zagat lists Breckenridge as top winter foodie escape
February 14, 2014
Zagat recently listed Breckenridge among its 10 Winter Escapes for Foodies. The brief article highlighted the resort's new Peak 6, as well as the cocktail and beer offerings of Après Handcrafted Libations (130 S. Main St., Breckenridge) and the newly launched Pursuit Chocolate at Ridge Street Wine (304 S. Main St., Breckenridge).
Zagat is a Google-owned survey company that curates consumer ratings, reviews and lists and prides itself on being "the trusted and accurate source for discovering the very best places to eat and drink." Learn more at http://www.zagat.com.
Five-course beer dinner at Twist in Breck
Chef Matt Fackler, of Twist, is offering a five-course beer pairing dinner with Elevation Beer Co. on Wednesday, Feb. 26. This unique and decadent beer and food experience will begin at 6 p.m. with standing appetizers and Elevation 8 Second Kolsch. A seated dinner will follow the "beer-tail hour" at 6:45.
Seats are $70 in advance or $75 at the door. This is a ticketless event. Call Twist at (970) 547-7100 to reserve your spot with a credit card number.
Mardi Gras in the mountains at Beaver Run
Recommended Stories For You
Beaver Run Resort in Breckenridge will host a Mardi Gras Ball on Saturday, March 1, in the resort's Breckenridge Ballroom. The event, which runs from 6 to 10 p.m., will feature a New Orleans-style crayfish boil and desserts, cash bar, the crowing of the Mardi Gras Rex and Queen and dancing to live music from Hazel Miller.
The dinner menu includes fresh, live Louisiana crayfish; captain hushpuppies with remoulade sauce; Atchafalaya shrimp po-boy on baguette; New Orleans black beans and rice; fried green tomatoes; eggplant etouffee; blackened Louisiana drum fish with crayfish sauce; stuffed pork with Tasso spinach and goat cheese; and New Orleans beignets and bananas foster for dessert.
Tickets are $60 per person, $120 per couple or $500 for a table of 10 and can be reserved by calling (970) 453-5055 or (970) 453-5074 or emailing email@example.com. Purchase of full tables is available while supplies last.
Moonlight Dinner Series events sold out
The remaining Moonlight Dinner Series events at Arapahoe Basin for the winter season are all sold out, including A Night in Spain on Saturday, Feb. 15; Foods of the Pacific Rim on Saturday, March 15; and A Night in Italy on Saturday, April 12.
For those who are already scheduled to attend these events, if a modification is needed to a reservation, contact Guest Services at (888) 272-7246. Visit http://www.arapahoebasin.com for more information on dining or other upcoming events.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
- Fall Festival comes to Breckenridge Riverwalk Center (photo slideshow)
- Celebrate National Wolf Week with your local headwaters Sierra Club group
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- High Altitude Baking: An apple bar a day (column)
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says