Fourth-annual Battle of the Geeks softball game is Sunday, Aug. 10
Ryan Summerlin August 9, 2014
On Sunday, Aug. 10, at 4 p.m., the Lake Dillon Theatre Company theater nerds will defend their 2013 victory against the Keystone Science School science geeks during the fourth-annual Battle of the Geeks softball exhibition game at the David Olbright Memorial Field in Dillon.
Food and drinks will be available for sale, and attendees can be top bidders at the “ump auction” and call the game for an inning. Donations can also be pledged for each run batted in support of both organizations. The Keystone Science School science geeks lead the series, 2-1.
“It’s a unique event in the county bringing together staff who not only perform Broadway songs and silly camp skits but also put their hearts and souls into a real game of softball,” said Ellen Reid, Keystone Science School executive directory, encouraging sports, science and theatre lovers of all kinds to attend the game. “It’s light-hearted fun with a dash of competitive spirit thrown in.”
A $10 donation supporting both organizations is requested but not required. All proceeds from donations and sales will be split evenly between Keystone Science School and the Lake Dillon Theatre Company. For more information, visit www.lakedillontheatre.org or www.keystonescienceschool.org.
Trending In: Events
- Right Brain: Photographer Darren Foti runs Summit County Camera Club
- Six best fall drives to see colors near Summit County, Colorado (video)
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge Backstage Theatre hosts auditions for ‘The Lion King Jr’
- Lindsey Vonn releases new book Oct. 4
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills