Fourth of July kicks off art festival series in Breckenridge
July 9, 2014
If you go
What: 31st annual Breckenridge July Art Festival
When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, July 4, through Sunday, July 6
Where: Main Street Station, corner of Main Street and Park Avenue, Breckenridge
Cost: Admission is free
More information: Visit http://www.mountainartfestivals.com, or call (970) 547-9326
This Fourth of July weekend marks the first of three summer Mountain Art Festivals in Breckenridge, the 31st annual Breckenridge July Art Festival, slated for Friday, July 4, through Sunday, July 6.
The 13th annual Breckenridge Main Street Art Festival, Friday, July 25, through Sunday, July 27, and the 39th annual Gathering at the Great Divide Art Festival, Saturday, Aug. 30, through Monday, Sept. 1, round out the lineup. Festival times are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, with free admission.
For 22 years, Mountain Art Festivals producers Mark Beling and Judith Pollock have staged their outdoor Colorado art shows, consistently ranked among the top in the country.
"The Mountain Art Festivals provide venues for talented artisans to exhibit and sell their work to thousands of art enthusiasts every summer, while offering patrons the unique opportunity to meet the artists, learn the sources of their inspiration, ask questions about techniques, commission a specific piece and, of course, purchase fine works of art," Beling said. "We have artists representing 18 states, Yoram Gal from Israel and 41 artists from Colorado."
Local artists are Randy Smith, of Fairplay, Mary Staby, from Frisco, and Breckenridge's Doug Tomlinson.
Art festival details
• July 4-6 — 31st annual Breckenridge July Art Festival at Main Street Station, corner of Main Street and Park Avenue. Nearly 100 artists will be featured at this festival, recently ranked the 22nd best fine-art festival in the United States by Art Fair Source Book and 26th best fine craft.
• July 25-27 — 13th annual Breckenridge Main Street Art Festival. A favorite among visitors and artists, this event is held at North Main Street at Wellington in Breckenridge. More than 120 artists from around the country will be presented.
• Aug. 30-Sept. 1 — 39th annual Gathering at the Great Divide Art Festival. The granddaddy of Summit County art festivals, this longtime event will feature more than 120 artists and is a great way to end the summer season and celebrate Labor Day in Breckenridge.
For more information on Mountain Art Festivals, visit http://www.mountainartfestivals.com or call (970) 547-9326.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Sticker shock: Breckenridge dam repairs expected to cost at least $16 million
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- Breckenridge ranked second-best small town to visit by U.S. News and World Report
- Summit County board approves West Hills workforce-housing project in Keystone