Frisco Bay Marina hosts New Belgium Timberline Cruiser Regatta
June 19, 2014
If you go
What: New Belgium Timberline Cruiser Regatta
When: Noon Saturday, June 21
Where: Frisco Bay Marina, 267 Marina Road, Frisco
Cost: Registration is $30 per boat with up to four crewmembers
More information: Visit http://www.friscomarina.com, or call (970) 668-4334.
The Frisco Bay Marina hosts the seventh-annual New Belgium Timberline Cruiser Regatta on Saturday, June 21. This fun race is open to anyone with a sailboat who wants to compete for bragging rights and glory. Costumes and creativity will be rewarded, and all Cruiser Regatta participants will receive a T-shirt, racers' buffet dinner and New Belgium beer at the after party.
"We have an award for last place, so it should quickly become apparent that this will be a really fun race," Phil Hofer, marina manager, said. "New Belgium knows how to throw a terrific event, so we know, whether gentle breezes or dead calm, in the end this will be a great day."
During the after party at 5 p.m., awards for first, second, third and last place and best costumed crew/boat will be announced, and a New Belgium cruiser bike, along with many other great items, will be available for live auction to benefit the Junior Sailing Program.
Cost of registration is $30 per boat with up to four crewmembers. Any extra crewmembers are $7 each. Registration is on Friday, June 20, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. and Saturday, June 21, from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Anyone registering on Friday evening is invited to take advantage of the $5 burger-and-beer deal at the Island Grill. At 11 a.m. on Saturday, there will be a captains' meeting, where the course map will be supplied.
Anyone not on a crew is invited to come to the captains' meeting to be "adopted" onto any registered crews, if space is available. The race will start at noon and end between 3 and 4 p.m.
For more information about the Frisco Bay Marina, visit http://www.friscomarina.com or call (970) 668-4334.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Music Scene: Live music from Breckenridge, Frisco, Summit County and beyond
- Rain means Colorado mushroom hunting is on
- This weekend’s live music from Breckenridge, Frisco & Summit County
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- Hummingbirds of Summit County: Look for broad-tailed, Rufous and Calliope this summer
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access
- Breckenridge Police Department a leader on diversity and inclusion
- Summit County real estate roundup: High-end real estate sales see spike in January