Frisco hosts Sandcastle Competition
August 12, 2017
The Frisco Bay Marina hosted the seventh annual Sandcastle Competition for children ages 1 to 12 years old on Saturday morning. With the castle building tools provided, the competitors shuttled between the lake shore with buckets of water and their construction site filled with decorative items. After 90 minutes, the castles were judged by Summit County's avalanche dogs, who sniffed and pawed their findings toward the human notetakers. See more images from Saturday morning's competition at SummitDaily.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Fall Festival comes to Breckenridge Riverwalk Center (photo slideshow)
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
- Celebrate National Wolf Week with your local headwaters Sierra Club group
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- High Altitude Baking: An apple bar a day (column)
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says