Funny women behind ‘Girls Only’ come to CMC Breckenridge
March 18, 2014
If you go
What: “Girls Only” comedy night
When: Friday, March 21; doors open at 5 p.m., and show starts at 6:30
Where: Colorado Mountain College, 107 Denison Placer Road, Breckenridge
Cost: Tickets are $35 in advance or $40 at the door. Admission includes one drink ticket and light appetizers. A cash bar will be available
More information: Visit http://www.backstagetheatre.org, or call (970) 453-0199
Get ready for an evening of nonstop laughter from the creators of the hit comedy show "Girls Only: The Secret Comedy of Women," when the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre presents its comedy night fundraiser on Friday, March 21.
Barbara Gehring and Linda Klein, two of Denver's top comedic talents, will bring their lighthearted sense of humor to Colorado Mountain College in Breckenridge for one night only, with a high-energy evening of sketch, improvisation and general silliness, all sprinkled with the delightful flavor of "Girls Only," which has enchanted nearly a quarter of a million women across North America since 2008.
"Girls Only" is a delightfully candid look at just what it means to be female. From diaries and first crushes to "the change" and the never-ending battle with pantyhose, "Girls Only" covers it all in a sidesplitting take on the things all women go through together. Born out of the earnest and sweetly absurd writings the two authors discovered in their girlhood diaries, the performance includes audience participation and lively songs and videos.
Having grown up in Idaho Springs, where she performed in many high school productions, Klein has a Colorado connection. After high school, she continued to pursue her interest in entertainment by earning a degree in film studies at Pitzer College near Los Angeles.
She has been a member of the Denver comedy scene since 1993 and one-third of the comedy trio A.C.E. Entertainment for most of that time. During her years with A.C.E., she has co-written and performed in more than 50 original productions and graced stages nationwide, including in Los Angeles, New York and Chicago. Klein has a dense background in theatrical improvisation and comedy writing and works as a commercial actor.
The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre's "Girls Only" comedy night will be presented on Friday, March 21, at Colorado Mountain College, located at 107 Denison Placer Road in Breckenridge. Doors open at 5 p.m., with show time at 6:30 p.m. Drinks and appetizers will be served in the lobby start at 5. Admission includes one drink ticket and light appetizers; a cash bar will be available.
Trending In: Events
- Each ski run at Breckenridge Ski Resort has a name and a story all its own
- Stories from the trenches: Vail Valley service workers talk shop
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- The Crown coffee shop and bar in Breckenridge is a cozy new hangout
- Ski-slope history: How the Peak 8 runs at Breckenridge were named and what the names mean
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Buried alive: Colorado Rapid Avalanche Deployment team inches closer to standard avy dog training
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- A mission, a milestone: Seven mountains at 70 years old
- The Limelight: Dillon’s Chase Blackwell before the 2017 Burton U.S. Open