Grammy-nominated The Fabulous Thunderbirds play Riverwalk Center in Breckenridge
July 11, 2013
The Breckenridge Music Festival's Blue River Series presents the Fabulous Thunderbirds tonight at the Riverwalk Center in Breckenridge.
Emerging from the roadhouse blues scene of Austin, Texas, the legendary Fabulous Thunderbirds are a quintessential American band, incorporating Cajun, blues, rock and R&B styles. Their powerful hybrid sound set a rock standard with hits such as "Wrap It Up," which reached No. 50 in the Billboard Hot 100, and "Tuff Enuff," which peaked at No. 10, taking the band to Top 40 status. A favorite with fellow musicians, the Fabulous Thunderbirds have opened shows for the likes of The Rolling Stones and Eric Clapton.
The platinum-selling, Grammy-nominated band was co-founded in 1974 in Austin by Jimmie Vaughan and front man Kim Wilson. Band members have come and gone over the years, but Wilson remains a constant, as he continues to write songs that the band plays across the nation and internationally. Current band members Johnny and Jay Moeller, Mike Keller and Randy Bermudes have been together for the past three years and join Wilson on the road and in the studio to keep things fresh.
In March, the band released its newest album, "On the Verge," marking a new beginning with 10 soulful tracks. The new tunes will be on display at the Riverwalk Center, along with familiar hits, as the band seeks to satisfy its diehard fans and entice new ones. Much like other road-friendly bands such as The Grateful Dead or The Allman Brothers Band, the Fabulous Thunderbirds never play the same show twice — they never write up a set list before they take the stage. You can count on the Fabulous Thunderbirds to pack their show with high-energy, guitar-driven, powerful tunes as they stay true to their road warrior roots.
For more information, visit http://www.breckenridgemusicfestival.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Breckenridge Film Festival showing ‘Beauty and the Beast’ with behind-the-scenes discussion
- Dancing with Stars steps aside for ‘Tonight Show’ after $290K haul
- Book Review: YA author takes on immigration in ‘The Border’
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Parade of Homes event showcases Summit County’s most interesting homes
- Man who fatally crashed into Lake Dillon was driving 60 mph, possibly intoxicated, report says
- Mountain Town News: How to keep Yellowstone’s supervolcano from blasting
- Eastbound lanes of Interstate 70 near Vail will close Friday morning to remove crashed semi
- High Country Crime: Man arrested after report of masturbation in Miller Ranch Open Space in Edwards, sheriff’s office says
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)