Grammy-nominated The Fabulous Thunderbirds play Riverwalk Center in Breckenridge
July 11, 2013
The Breckenridge Music Festival’s Blue River Series presents the Fabulous Thunderbirds tonight at the Riverwalk Center in Breckenridge.
Emerging from the roadhouse blues scene of Austin, Texas, the legendary Fabulous Thunderbirds are a quintessential American band, incorporating Cajun, blues, rock and R&B styles. Their powerful hybrid sound set a rock standard with hits such as “Wrap It Up,” which reached No. 50 in the Billboard Hot 100, and “Tuff Enuff,” which peaked at No. 10, taking the band to Top 40 status. A favorite with fellow musicians, the Fabulous Thunderbirds have opened shows for the likes of The Rolling Stones and Eric Clapton.
The platinum-selling, Grammy-nominated band was co-founded in 1974 in Austin by Jimmie Vaughan and front man Kim Wilson. Band members have come and gone over the years, but Wilson remains a constant, as he continues to write songs that the band plays across the nation and internationally. Current band members Johnny and Jay Moeller, Mike Keller and Randy Bermudes have been together for the past three years and join Wilson on the road and in the studio to keep things fresh.
In March, the band released its newest album, “On the Verge,” marking a new beginning with 10 soulful tracks. The new tunes will be on display at the Riverwalk Center, along with familiar hits, as the band seeks to satisfy its diehard fans and entice new ones. Much like other road-friendly bands such as The Grateful Dead or The Allman Brothers Band, the Fabulous Thunderbirds never play the same show twice — they never write up a set list before they take the stage. You can count on the Fabulous Thunderbirds to pack their show with high-energy, guitar-driven, powerful tunes as they stay true to their road warrior roots.
For more information, visit http://www.breckenridgemusicfestival.com.
Trending In: Events
- Halloween events: Tricks and treats around Summit County
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge celebrates life, culture with Dia de los Muertos
- Haunted happenings for Halloween in Breckenridge, Frisco, Copper Mountain and around Summit County
- This weekend’s live music from Breckenridge, Frisco & Summit County
- Housing Divided, Part 5: Summit workers and families on brink of homelessness
- Summit Daily News announces the 2016 Best Of Summit (photos & video)
- Meet Nate Dogggg’s heirs to 1st chair at Arapahoe Basin
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area the first in North America to open terrain
- Breckenridge to start a new paid parking program later this year