Guitar Town at Copper Mountain: Fingers on strings
Ryan Summerlin August 9, 2013
The world’s best guitarists come together for the ninth annual Guitar Town at Copper Mountain festival today through Sunday, featuring free guitar workshops, free live music, an ArtGuitar silent auction and kids’ music activities.
The Guitar Town concerts are divided by style, with acoustic performers taking the stage on Saturday and their rocking electric counterparts playing on Sunday. The acoustic set launches at noon with Scott Goldman and continues with a solid wall of sound through the evening, culminating with Jim Deeming on the West Lake Stage at 6 p.m. Sunday’s entertainment also rolls from noon to 6 p.m., starting with the Mark Selby Band with special guest Josh Nordlund on the Guitar Town Main Stage and wrapping up with a Guitar Town Electric All Star Jam.
Aside from the live acts, the event features guitar workshops ranging from finger styles to how to find the right guitar for the way you play. All of the concerts and the workshops are free and open to the public.
New this year, Guitar Town will host a New Belgium beer-pairing dinner tonight. Chef David Taladay will pair his favorite beers with a five-course, upscale-casual dinner. New Belgium beers featured include Fat Tire, Pumpkick, Rolle Bolle, Rampant Imperial IPA and 1554. Each craft brew is paired with a different course, starting with a chef’s choice appetizer and fishing with chef Susan Vlass’ Chocolate Decadence dessert. Advance reservations are required for the dinner, and tickets are $49, including tax and gratuity. View the full menu and purchase tickets online at http://villageatcopper.com/guitartown.
Beer will also take center stage on Saturday evening at the Guitar Town Craft Beer Garden. Sample more than a dozen craft beers and microbrews from New Belgium, Sierra Nevada, Tommyknocker, Langunitas, Boulder Beer and AC Golden along Copper’s West Lake Overlook. A $25 ticket includes unlimited tasting and a commemorative Guitar Town pilsner sample glass. Visit the event website to reserve a ticket or learn more about the beers poured.
Trending In: Events
- Taste of Colorado chance to mingle with snow science experts
- Wine Ink column: Keeping kosher, a California winemaker’s journey
- Six best fall drives to see colors near Summit County, Colorado (video)
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Right Brain: Photographer Darren Foti runs Summit County Camera Club
- Housing Divided, Part 2: Summit’s most vital workers live elsewhere
- Breckenridge town council rebuts claim it reneged on parking garage promise
- Truck stolen from Wildernest winds up on Baldy Road in Breckenridge
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Amaya’s ex-wife says they tried exorcism of him two years before double homicide