Lake Dillon Arts Festival brings unique artists to Summit County
July 18, 2014
If you go
What: The Lake Dillon Arts Festival
When: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 19, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, July 20
Where: Lake Dillon Drive and Teller, Dillon
Cost: Admission is free
More information: Visit http://www.summitcountyartsfestival.com
The Lake Dillon Arts Festival continues this weekend on Saturday, July 19, and Sunday, July 20, featuring 65 Colorado and national artists, some making their only Colorado mountain appearances. Admission is free, and artists will be present during the entire festival — you can to meet them, ask questions and personalize your purchase.
The festival takes place in Dillon, at Lake Dillon Drive and Teller, and runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 19, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, July 20.
This show is juried, which means that each artist is hand-selected to ensure unique, first-class contemporary, traditional, Southwest and abstract artwork. Artists' work will include oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and mixed-media paintings, along with bronze, stone, metal, mixed-media and luminous glass sculptures. In addition to functional stoneware and nonfunctional raku ceramics, there will be inlaid wood turned bowls, one-of-a-kind jewelry, black-and-white and color photography and silk fabrics.
Featured artists include painter Jessica Wicken, tribal artisan Amado Pena, sculptural painter Ross Mazur, collaborative abstract painters Robert and Michelle Casarietti, sculpturist John Kessler and Scratchboard artist Paul Hopman.
Win a shopping spree
Event promoter CCM Events will give away a $500 art-festival shopping spree at 2 p.m. on Saturday, July 19, and a $1,000 art-festival shopping spree at 2 p.m. on Sunday, July 20. Get free tickets for the drawing on Saturday by asking any of the 65 fine artists for a ticket; you must be present to win.
Stroll the art walk to the sounds of acoustic guitar mastery courtesy of Skanson & Hansen, Colorado's premier finger-style duo. The duo will perform their unique brand of musical magic throughout the event. Skanson & Hansen's repertoire of intricate and enchanting guitar duets spans classical works, pop tunes and original compositions.
Trending In: Events
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- The Crown coffee shop and bar in Breckenridge is a cozy new hangout
- Each ski run at Breckenridge Ski Resort has a name and a story all its own
- Perfecting the craft cocktail at home with Breckenridge Distillery
- St. Patrick’s Day events in Breckenridge, Keystone and around Summit County
- Summit community comes together to support Flight For Life Nurse Dave Repsher (video)
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Buried alive: Colorado Rapid Avalanche Deployment team inches closer to standard avy dog training
- How snowboarding set the evolution of winter sports back three decades (column)
- A mission, a milestone: Seven mountains at 70 years old