Lake Dillon Arts Festival brings unique artists to Summit County
Ryan Summerlin July 18, 2014
If you go
What: The Lake Dillon Arts Festival
When: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 19, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, July 20
Where: Lake Dillon Drive and Teller, Dillon
Cost: Admission is free
More information: Visit www.summitcountyartsfestival.com
The Lake Dillon Arts Festival continues this weekend on Saturday, July 19, and Sunday, July 20, featuring 65 Colorado and national artists, some making their only Colorado mountain appearances. Admission is free, and artists will be present during the entire festival — you can to meet them, ask questions and personalize your purchase.
The festival takes place in Dillon, at Lake Dillon Drive and Teller, and runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 19, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, July 20.
This show is juried, which means that each artist is hand-selected to ensure unique, first-class contemporary, traditional, Southwest and abstract artwork. Artists’ work will include oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and mixed-media paintings, along with bronze, stone, metal, mixed-media and luminous glass sculptures. In addition to functional stoneware and nonfunctional raku ceramics, there will be inlaid wood turned bowls, one-of-a-kind jewelry, black-and-white and color photography and silk fabrics.
Featured artists include painter Jessica Wicken, tribal artisan Amado Pena, sculptural painter Ross Mazur, collaborative abstract painters Robert and Michelle Casarietti, sculpturist John Kessler and Scratchboard artist Paul Hopman.
Win a shopping spree
Event promoter CCM Events will give away a $500 art-festival shopping spree at 2 p.m. on Saturday, July 19, and a $1,000 art-festival shopping spree at 2 p.m. on Sunday, July 20. Get free tickets for the drawing on Saturday by asking any of the 65 fine artists for a ticket; you must be present to win.
Stroll the art walk to the sounds of acoustic guitar mastery courtesy of Skanson & Hansen, Colorado’s premier finger-style duo. The duo will perform their unique brand of musical magic throughout the event. Skanson & Hansen’s repertoire of intricate and enchanting guitar duets spans classical works, pop tunes and original compositions.
Trending In: Events
- Six best fall drives to see colors near Summit County, Colorado (video)
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Hey, Spike! polishes a story of Kingdom royalty
- Parade of Homes event showcases Summit County’s most interesting homes
- New art exhibit in Frisco showcases the Faces of Summit County
- ‘Deplorables for Trump’ banner vandalized in Dillon
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Housing Divided, Part 1: Study confirms severity of Summit County housing crisis
- Summit County real estate round-up: Lack of property stock causes stall in August sales
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager