Lake Dillon Theatre Company offers affordable cabaret series
Ryan Summerlin July 30, 2013
If you go
What: Late Nights at the LDTC Cabaret Series
Where: Lake Dillon Theatre, 122 Lake Dillon Drive, Dillon
When: Fridays, Aug. 2-16, at approximately 10 p.m.
Cost: $5 at the door; all ticket sales are split among each evening’s artists
More information: Visit www.lakedillontheatre.org
The Lake Dillon Theatre Company continues its entertainment-packed summer with the Lake Nights at the LDTC Cabaret Series, which offers intimate music performances on select Friday nights this summer.
In July 2012, the Lake Dillon Theatre Company first introduced the Late Nights at the LDTC Cabaret Series, which featured select members of its 2012 summer repertory company.
“We wanted to provide a fun alternative to the fully produced productions last summer, so we introduced the cabaret series,” said Chris Alleman, producing artistic director of the Lake Dillon Theatre Company. “We felt it would be additional animation for our patrons and it would help fill a need in Summit County’s extensive programming schedule for low-cost, high-quality community programming. Our professional company members earned a little extra cash while also trying out new material and adding footage to their audition reels.”
The Lake Dillon Theatre Company brings back its late-night cabaret series with a cabaret series that showcases Lake Dillon Theatre Company artists in residence performing their favorite tunes and trying out new songs with Lake Dillon Theatre Company patrons in their intimate space. Music lovers can be a part of the intimacy and fun at these special cabaret concerts following selected Friday performances during the summer.
“The Late Nights at the LDTC Cabaret Series is a unique opportunity to see the county’s favorite summer performers up close and unplugged,” said Mari Geasair, Lake Dillon Theatre Company director of development. “It’s a unique experience for our community that expands our programming with affordable concerts in our intimate space.”
Trending In: Events
- Six best fall drives to see colors near Summit County, Colorado (video)
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- The Summit County, Colorado, guide leaf peeping like a scientist
- Parade of Homes event showcases Summit County’s most interesting homes
- Science of Food: Eat for your genes (column)
- Housing Divided, Part 1: Study confirms severity of Summit County housing crisis
- Attempt to open new Breckenridge marijuana retail shop fizzles
- ‘Deplorables for Trump’ banner vandalized in Dillon
- Breckenridge Town Councilman Jeffrey Bergeron hospitalized with amnesia
- Summit County real estate round-up: Lack of property stock causes stall in August sales