Made in Summit County: ‘Not Your Grandma’s Phonics’
October 30, 2013
Name of business or product: "Not Your Grandma's Phonics."
Date business or product was launched: May 13.
What goods do you make here in Summit County? How much do they cost? In addition to this digital short story designed for an iPad, I have made music CDs for kids. I also have created a free website for children, their parents and educators. The musical story is $4.99.
What's great about making your products here? Summit County is a very caring community that encourages free spirits to create.
What's new with your company or product? Being accepted by Apple to publish my story at the iTunes/iBookstore is exciting and a new experience!
Why do you think it's important for people in Summit County to buy locally made goods? It's people and their unique talents who make a community. Buying a locally made product is a way of valuing one's contribution to a community.
How can people find out more about your products? Please visit http://www.conniesclassroom.com. In addition to activities for kids, there is a direct link to my musical story on the iBookstore.
Do you have a product that's made right here in Summit County? Contact A&E editor Krista Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in Made in Summit.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Rain means Colorado mushroom hunting is on
- Book review: ‘Far From the Madding Crowd,’ by Thomas Hardy
- Colorado Wildflower Hiking Guide to Summit County, Colorado
- Hummingbirds of Summit County: Look for broad-tailed, Rufous and Calliope this summer
- Breckenridge Backstage Theatre presents Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast”
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access