Made in Summit County: ‘Not Your Grandma’s Phonics’
Ryan Summerlin October 30, 2013
Name of business or product: “Not Your Grandma’s Phonics.”
Date business or product was launched: May 13.
What goods do you make here in Summit County? How much do they cost? In addition to this digital short story designed for an iPad, I have made music CDs for kids. I also have created a free website for children, their parents and educators. The musical story is $4.99.
What’s great about making your products here? Summit County is a very caring community that encourages free spirits to create.
What’s new with your company or product? Being accepted by Apple to publish my story at the iTunes/iBookstore is exciting and a new experience!
Why do you think it’s important for people in Summit County to buy locally made goods? It’s people and their unique talents who make a community. Buying a locally made product is a way of valuing one’s contribution to a community.
How can people find out more about your products? Please visit www.conniesclassroom.com. In addition to activities for kids, there is a direct link to my musical story on the iBookstore.
Do you have a product that’s made right here in Summit County? Contact A&E editor Krista Driscoll at email@example.com to be featured in Made in Summit.
Trending In: Events
- Right Brain: Photographer Darren Foti runs Summit County Camera Club
- Six best fall drives to see colors near Summit County, Colorado (video)
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Taste of Colorado chance to mingle with snow science experts
- Breckenridge Backstage Theatre hosts auditions for ‘The Lion King Jr’
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills