Made in Summit County: ‘Not Your Grandma’s Phonics’
October 30, 2013
Name of business or product: "Not Your Grandma's Phonics."
Date business or product was launched: May 13.
What goods do you make here in Summit County? How much do they cost? In addition to this digital short story designed for an iPad, I have made music CDs for kids. I also have created a free website for children, their parents and educators. The musical story is $4.99.
What's great about making your products here? Summit County is a very caring community that encourages free spirits to create.
What's new with your company or product? Being accepted by Apple to publish my story at the iTunes/iBookstore is exciting and a new experience!
Why do you think it's important for people in Summit County to buy locally made goods? It's people and their unique talents who make a community. Buying a locally made product is a way of valuing one's contribution to a community.
How can people find out more about your products? Please visit http://www.conniesclassroom.com. In addition to activities for kids, there is a direct link to my musical story on the iBookstore.
Do you have a product that's made right here in Summit County? Contact A&E editor Krista Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in Made in Summit.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Fourth of July in Summit County: Everything you need to know
- A Summit County guide to fireworks and free music on Fourth of July
- Hiking near Breckenridge: Mayflower Gulch-Boston-Gold Hill
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation
- Summit County board approves West Hills workforce-housing project in Keystone