Music Scene: Kris Lager Band plays Goat Soup & Whiskey in Keystone Dec. 6
December 6, 2013
Friday, Dec. 6
Heartland band plays the Goat
The Kris Lager Band will make a stop at the Goat Soup & Whiskey on Friday, Dec. 6. The Kris Lager Band, thrift-store junkies from the heartland, plays soul music and boogie trance.
With their hot new album "Swagadocious," these self-proclaimed rock revivalists are quickly spreading their celebrate-life mantra to the masses and blazing a trail that many more are sure to follow. The band has spent the better part of 10 years on tour honing its sound, style and message, including backing Mato Nanji, as Indigenous, from 2007 to 2009.
The show starts at 9 p.m., and tickets are $5. For information, visit http://www.krislagerband.com.
Get your bacon fix in Alma
Alma's Only Bar will host Better Than Bacon for a free show on Friday, Dec. 6. In an age of smoke-and-mirrors musicianship, this trio is moving the Rocky Mountains with a throwback formula: good, old-fashioned rock, funk and blues sautéed with sizzling guitar, soulful vocal melodies and a thumping rhythm section to match any mood. The show starts at 9:30 p.m. Visit http://www.almasonlybar.com for more information.
Alt cover band Unhinged at the Snake
Unhinged takes the stage at the Snake River Saloon in Keystone on Friday, Dec. 6. Unhinged is a current alt-grunge-rock band based in Denver showcasing songs by artists such as Guns N' Roses, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Metallica, Seether and so many more. With more than 30 years of collective stage and recording experience, this five-piece group delivers an awesome mix of '90s and current hard rock, alt rock and current hits and fantastic originals. Doors open at 4 p.m., and the music starts at 9:30. Call (970) 468-2788 for more information.
Saturday, Dec. 7
Electronic DJ takes stage in Breck
DJ and producer Minnesota will join G Jones at three20south in Breckenridge on Saturday, Dec. 7. Even at the young age of 23, Santa Cruz-based Christian Bauhofer, better known by his stage name, Minnesota, has become one of the most watched up-and-coming artists in the electronic music scene. Having toured with notable acts such as Big Gigantic and Paper Diamond, Minnesota's recent feats are skyrocketing him into a long-lasting and successful career. Bassnectar and PANTyRAiD are even incorporating his tracks into their sets. Doors open at 9 p.m., and tickets are $12 in advance or $14 at the door. For more information, visit http://www.three20south.com.
Harmonious Junk returns to Keystone
Harmonious Junk will take the stage at the Snake River Saloon in Keystone on Saturday, Dec. 7. Harmonious Junk is a Denver-based rock group fusing jazz, funk, progressive and improvisational styles led by former James Brown lead guitarist Damon Wood. The band was voted best Jamband by Westword magazine in 2005 and plays 60 to 80 Colorado shows per year. Doors open at 4 p.m., and the music starts at 9:30. Call (970) 468-2788 for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Get a bachelor’s in bourbon and bacon this weekend at Keystone Resort festival
- Jam-packed: Lake Dillon Theatre Company kicks off summer season Friday
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Hiking near Breckenridge: Mayflower Gulch-Boston-Gold Hill
- Colorado Wildflower Hiking Guide to Summit County, Colorado
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government