Nationally ranked series of art festivals returns to Breckenridge this summer
February 11, 2014
Call for artists
Artist applications for the three summer Mountain Art Festivals are now available online. The application fee is $35 for each show in each category, and, if accepted, space fees are $500 per show, with available corner spaces an additional $100. Visit http://www.mountainartfestivals.com for applications and more information.
Mountain Art Festivals recently announced its 2014 summer season in Breckenridge.
The town will again host three Mountain Art Festivals, starting with the 31st annual Breckenridge July Art Festival, from Friday, July 4, through Sunday, July 6. The 13th annual Breckenridge Main Street Art Festival will take place from Friday, July 25, through Sunday, July 27; and the 39th annual Gathering at the Great Divide Art Festival is schedule for Saturday, Aug. 30, through Monday, Sept. 1. Festival times are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, with free admission.
Mountain Art Festivals producers Mark Beling and Judith Pollock have staged their outdoor Colorado art shows — consistently ranked among the best in the country — for 22 years.
"The Mountain Art Festivals provide venues for talented artisans to exhibit and sell their work to thousands of art enthusiasts every summer," Beling said, "while offering patrons the unique opportunity to meet the artists, learn the sources of their inspiration, ask questions about techniques, commission a specific piece and, of course, purchase fine works of art."
✔ 31st annual Breckenridge July Art Festival, Friday, July 4, through Sunday, July 6, at Main Street Station, corner of Main Street and Park Avenue — More than 100 artists will be featured at this festival, recently ranked the 22nd best fine art festival in the United States by Art Fair Source Book and 26th best fine craft show. Show times are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., daily, with free admission.
✔ 13th annual Breckenridge Main Street Art Festival, Friday, July 25, through Sunday, July 27 — A favorite among visitors and artists, this event is held on North Main Street at Wellington in Breckenridge. More than 120 artists from around the country will be presented. Show times are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., daily, with free admission.
✔ 39th annual Gathering at the Great Divide Art Festival, Saturday, Aug. 30, through Monday, Sept. 1 — The granddaddy of Summit County art festivals, this longtime event will feature more than 120 artists and is a great way to end the summer season and celebrate Labor Day in Breckenridge. Show times are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., daily, with free admission.
For more information on Mountain Art Festivals, visit http://www.mountainartfestivals.com or call (970) 547-9326.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Get a bachelor’s in bourbon and bacon this weekend at Keystone Resort festival
- Jam-packed: Lake Dillon Theatre Company kicks off summer season Friday
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Hiking near Breckenridge: Mayflower Gulch-Boston-Gold Hill
- Colorado Wildflower Hiking Guide to Summit County, Colorado
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government