Photographer Doug Tomlinson among talented artists at 30th July Art Festival in Breckenridge
July 5, 2013
If you go
What: 30th Breckenridge July Art Festival
Where: Main Street Station, Breckenridge
When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today through Sunday
More information: Visit http://www.mountainartfestivals.com
"I find it exhilarating to experience what nature has to offer: a beautiful sunrise, a moose walking through the meadow or the reflection of the mountains in a beaver pond. Nature is the ultimate artist. My goal is to capture images that reflect the beauty in nature."
That's photographer Doug Tomlinson's artist statement, and luckily for him, being a Breckenridge resident means he doesn't have far to go for work.
His schedule has him at "home" this weekend as one of more than 90 artists at the 30th Breckenridge July Art Festival, a juried event at Main Street Station.
Tomlinson describes himself as a photographer with a passion for nature and the outdoors. His stunning images capture wildlife and landscapes with boldness and beauty. His inspiration comes from a childhood that was rich in outdoor adventure and world travel. Growing up in Colorado has given him a strong connection to the Rocky Mountains and the Southwest. Tomlinson's photography is characterized by vibrant natural colors, sharp images and lifelike detail.
When Tomlinson is not working on his photography, he spends time traveling, hiking and skiing with his family — wife Betsy and three daughters, Kate, Brooke and Anna. Tomlinson's images are on display at Hang Time Gallery in Breckenridge and Buffalo Mountain Gallery in Frisco. Tomlinson is currently exhibiting his work in art shows throughout the United States.
To learn more about Tomlinson and his work, visit http://www.dougtomlinsonphotography.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- The Summit Hiker: A Colorado Hike on the Flower Valley/Upper Straight Creek Trails
- Book review: ‘Persian Pickle Club’ explores Dust Bowl-era Kansas
- World-class guitarist to perform in Breckenridge
- Hiking near Breckenridge: Mayflower Gulch-Boston-Gold Hill
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- Couple’s connection to Courage Classic runs deep
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Breckenridge unveils new Alpine Camp at Epic Discovery fun park