Registration open for 2014 Fatty’s golf tourney in Breckenridge
Ryan Summerlin August 7, 2014
On Thursday, Sept. 11, be a part of the Fatty’s Golf Tournament and golf on a Jack Nicklaus-designed, 27-hole championship course at the Breckenridge Golf Club. The tournament, in its eighth season, benefits the National Repertory Orchestra’s youth programs in Summit County.
The NRO plays a large role in the community during the summer by providing outreach concerts at the Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center, Breckenridge Montessori and the Breckenridge Library, among others, as well as hosting an annual children’s concert and instrument petting zoo in the hope of inspiring the next generation of musicians.
“Fatty’s Golf Tournament has raised over $90,000 for Summit Youth Hockey over the past eight years and will now be supporting the summer music programs for our kids through the National Repertory Orchestra,” said Kathy Grotemeyer, one of the event organizers.
Tournament fees are $500 per team and include a golf cart, box lunch, gift bag and buffet dinner at Fatty’s for each player. Also available are hole sponsorship opportunities, with packages ranging from $125 to $5,000, and a silent auction filled with great prizes.
For questions regarding sponsorship, or to register a team, contact Guy Bigelow at (970) 390-2200 or visit Fatty’s Pizzeria. Registration is also available online at www.nromusic.com.
Trending In: Events
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)